Sunday, June 2, 2013

WORTH

Sherri Dew once said: "None of us came to earth to gain our worth....we brought it with us."

We don't need anyone or anything to verify our worth.
We are daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us, and we love him.
He is setting an example in that statement. Love conquers all.

Doctrine and Covenants 18:10 teaches us
" Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God."
                    ******************************************************
Today our Relief Society President, Eileen taught an amazing lesson about the worth of souls. The above were some notes that I took. Before this lesson, and throughout the past while I have felt pretty worthless. My children are wonderful at telling me how much they love me, as are many of my friends. I also know that God loves me too. However...those weren't working for me,SORRY

Sometimes though that is not enough. I don't often write about my husband. He is a very good man. That was why I married him. Despite many conflicts before we married, I fell in love with him. Now it hasn't been happily ever after. We have been together for 38 interesting years. There have been times that were very tough and I entertained the idea that I would be happier without him, on many occasions. Those times brought me lots of heartbreak and tears. This past week we have been at an impasse, barely talking, and certainly not feeling the love. My worth takes a nose dive at such times, and I just want to be reminded that I am someone, especially to him.

Now here is why I'm writing. I am of worth. Throughout this entire day my Heavenly Father has reminded me of that. He answered my prayers this morning and something that I was dreading was resolved, I heard some beautiful testimonies at church that spoke to my sad heart, and then Eileen taught her lesson. It shouted to my heart and soul. I am of worth and I am loved. My husband loves me too....I do know that and right now he has some trials to resolve and I have to step back, be alone, even sad while he does this. I am going to stop letting this bring me down to the level that it brought me. I know that he needs to work through this and I will patiently wait....because I do love him.

I also was led to a special quote this week that I hope to frame someday.


I'm not sure how full my box is sometimes but if I am to follow My Savior....I know that I have some work to do. Marriage is work, more for some than others....but it has to be different because we are all different too. Just because others look happily ever after, doesn't mean that I am not. Just because I have to work harder, doesn't mean that I made a big mistake. I do  know that I made covenants with my husband, and with my God and I love them both. As I strive to keep those covenants I have been blessed beyond measure. I have four beautiful children, four exceptional spouses of my children, and eight very special grandchildren.( plus two dogs). I have a loving extended family, and great hopes for the future.

I am of worth. My problems don't disappear, but each one of them is making me a better person for the lessons that I learn. Eternal blessings are worth the tears that fall sometimes, and the joy that has been promised if I do all that I can. I am not alone.

One last note....while I struggled today with my heart...the following other quote appeared on my computer....thanks


             That wasn't a coincident...I am a daughter of God, and HE loves me

1 comment: