Thursday, June 20, 2013

CTR...Halibut....Golf ....and the Bachelorette!!

It is late in the day on Wednesday, and I'm determined to do some catching up. I know that I posted some Father's day and conference reflections....but let's get back to Calgary. Laura started back on nights so things are somewhat quiet in the early ours of the day. I have started some early morning walks, which have been enjoyable.
view while I walk...see the Olympic ski park

a lovely side road that I've enjoyed walking on

Sunday was most enjoyable. I did some reading in the morning while Laura and Jeremy slept, and then church began at 1pm. It is strange to visit other wards of the church when travelling, but I got to meet some very special members of this congregation. Laura and Jeremy teach the 5-6 year class in Primary and oh do these kiddies adore them. We had a fun sharing time, where one little sunbeam curled up and fell asleep ( his nap time for sure)...then we had a great class by Laura on Forgiveness.

THE CTR GANG


Wrapper from a Father's Day treat that ALL men received that day

Ingredients
The rest of the day was pretty quiet......the way that a Sabbath should be.

Late on Monday morning, just before noon, my cousin Donna came and picked me up. We thought with Laura working, that this would certainly be a good time to connect. We headed to a traditional stopping place for her and I called Trawlers for Fish and Chips. I got brave today and tried the Alaskan Halibut and it was amazing....my new favorite at Trawlers.

From there we ran some errands then headed to Donna's to do some catching up. It was Winston's turn to cook and so we headed off to their golf club for a wonderful dinner. This golf course is absolutely beautiful, as was the drive there. I learned lots about golf, and kind of wished that I had learned this sport. After dinner we returned to home and watched the Bachelorette and The Voice together. I must say, having Winston in on these shows added some giggles for sure. what a dear husband he is to sit with us!!  Their daughter Karen also dropped in and joined us for awhile. Great to see her....what a sweet girl!!!

The Golf Course
The mountain view while we ate
           


 

 
 
BEAUTIFUL MURAL MADE WITH VERY TINY TILES


THIS MURAL WAS MADE WITH THE TOP OF GOLF TEES

 
WINSTON AND DONNA....so much fun !!!

 
We ended the night talking about this European river cruise that they are going on in August....sure looks amazing !!!
 
Time to head off to bed.....more fun to follow....a day with the Botelho boys

No comments:

Post a Comment