Sunday, June 16, 2013

SATURDAY IS A SPECIAL DAY

Saturday is indeed a special day....and it usually finds me at the Temple. Not today...missing my Temple friends!!! However my Calgary day was a good one. I had my usual relaxing sleep-in. Laura worked last night so I knew the upstairs would be quiet. I got up and decided a walk would be a good start to the day....and it was. Calgary weather is funny. The sky seems so much bigger here...and as a result...it can be a sun shiny day on three quarters of the sky with...dark storm clouds in the last quarter.

I returned home and the gang was getting up to get ready to attend the ward BBQ at noon. This was a yummy event, held outside the stake center. This ward is newly formed and it sounds like they make lots of effort to bring the ward family together. I met a few people...but the friendliest were the darling five year olds that Laura and Jeremy teach....the kiddies love them and made a point of hanging with us.

The nicest surprise was to meet Leah and Theo there. Leah is Eileen Kelly's daughter ( from home) and they were in town for the weekend.( coming from Saskatoon) Eileen had told both of us to watch out for each other, but folks Calgary is pretty big!! The last place that I expected to see her was at the BBQ....Eileen was praying extra hard me thinks!!!
so fun to see Leah and the family.

After the BBQ we returned home....Laura headed back to bed, and I felt a need to do the same!! I am getting lots of rest!!
I read for a while then zonked right out. A text from Laura...wondering where I was woke me up at six!!!
Laura and I ran some errands, worked on her Primary lesson......then you guessed....I'm ready for more sleep.
Must be all the mountain air!!!

1 comment:

  1. So awesome you met up with Leah and family... I could use a little of that mountain air... I would love to get those deep sleeps:-)

    ReplyDelete