Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Trails indeed!!!

 
I could get used to this...but back to my post. It's Thursday already and I do have some remembering to do.  I last wrote on Tuesday morning. Tuesday we took things nice and slow in the morning....sleeping late, reading for a while,  just doing 'our own thing'.

I had a date planned for the afternoon with my dear friend Ronda Parcells. Ronda and her husband Lindsay had lived in Nova Scotia 24+ years ago, when Lindsay studied to be a lawyer. Ronda had her first child, Brittany when I had my last child, Laura. So obviously we have some age difference, but despite that, we became good friends and have kept in touch over the years. We had visited with them long ago when they returned to Calgary. Last August Ronda and Lindsay made the trek to Portland, Oregon to attend Laura's wedding. That touched us deeply. When I knew that I was returning west I let Ronda know what was happening. It just so happened that her Brittany was graduating from University, and my luck Ronda, we could find a window to connect.

Ronda picked me up to head off for a nice walk. We actually sat in her car and probably talked for twenty minutes before heading to Bowness Park. We just picked up on where we left off, and it was wonderful!!!! I so enjoyed our few hours together, just walking and talking. It's always so special to see where our lives has journeyed. And as the sons of Mosiah rejoiced.....we were still one with the Lord !!
Lots of laughs together

Walking the Bow River trail


Canada Geese

Tuesday evening was relaxing, and at home. Laura helped me order a dress from Eshakti...I'm so excited, and then we watched The Bachelorette together.  Not sure why I watch these shows, guess I just get a kick out of human interaction!!!

Wednesday was an AMAZING day. I do enjoy the slower days ( don't get me wrong) but Wednesday rocked. Laura and I had a Mom-daughter day ( Jeremy opted to do school work). We headed off to Banff for the day and I'll let some photos tell the tale.
Off we go.....such a beautiful day


Here come the mountains

Breathtaking

Oh the colors

Beautiful Banff


 
Here we go on our first hike of the day, up the popular Tunnel Mountain. With slow pokey ME, this took us about an hour to reach the top. The view got more exciting with every turn. The whole trail was a series of switch backs. It was an AMAZING hike!!!








 
 





I was here!!!


We did it!!!
 
 
 
From the Tunnel Mountain hike we headed off to find the Bow Falls ( or Elbow Falls as Laura renamed them...private joke)
 
 
 



 
So many photos to choose from....this is just the beginning of an awesome day together in Banff....
More to follow

1 comment: