Saturday, June 8, 2013

SIMPLY AMAZING

I know that this will not come as any big news event....but I love to be in the Temple. It is indeed like no other place on earth. Saturdays usually find me there by about 7:30am, and even on a rainy day like today (and it was definitely torrential rain at time )  yes even on a rainy day, the sun shines in the Temple.

I was a wee bit tired, crawling out of my bed at 6:15am. I had had a late night trip to the airport with my sister, Julie to pick up niece Suzie, and her darling little Andrew!! The flight was late, so bedtime was also late. It was worth it though just to get a few minutes with family that I don't see often.( This would be the only window of opportunity to see Suzie, as I leave on Monday ) Sorry, I do ramble.....

Despite the sleepy eyes, I was recharged today at the Temple. I was able to help an adorable bride to be, sweet Rebecca and serving her was just wonderful.( not that she needed me much!!! She was so prepared for the Temple experience) I did some other rewarding work, visited with many friends, and family. Then for the icing on the celestial cake I connected with a family member that I didn't even know was in town.( Melissa) Her parents were there too and I always like seeing them!! They were completing some very special family work, and it was a beautiful experience to be a part of that. WOW....as the title says....it was SIMPLY AMAZING

How grateful I am to feel the love of my Heavenly Father as I serve Him in the Temple. How grateful I am for family, and the promise that we CAN be together forever.

1 comment:

  1. I hope to have that one day too Jackie... I never give up hope that I will have an eternal family as we all are meant to have:)

    ReplyDelete