Wednesday, June 5, 2013

KEAH

It's been a nice day. The sun shone; the sky was blue;  there were no huge commitments; and Bill and I went on a road trip to Bridgewater. With a trip out west just around the cornor for me, I wanted to spend some time with Emmy and Finley. It was a fun visit....play, play, play. The girls chatted with their usual animation and sweet sweet voices.  I love the precious conversations that we have. Emmy asks most of the questions ( why did poppy drive your blue car Nanny? ); Finley chatters on endlessly about princesses, puzzles, and storybooks. We played with princesses, put puzzles together, colored in some new books, read library books, played catch with the Velcro paddles, blew bubbles, played tag, and laughed and giggled.

I constantly marvel at all of what these two little girls can do. They are bright, happy, contented little girls. They are singers, storytellers, puzzle solvers, runners, huggers, and so much more. While I know that they are naturally this way....I give a lot of credit to both of their parents.

The title of this blog you may have noted is KEAH. She is my favorite daughter-in-law ! ( I can say quite safely) While Michael is of course an important part of this great parent team, as I played today with these energetic little girls, I reflected on what life has been like for our Keah. She loves her darling girls, and she has given up much to be with them 24-7. She doesn't have lots of fancy things, and she doesn't get lots of time on her own. She is a supportive wife, and a devoted mother. She has nurtured these little girls through some very fragile days, and has helped them reach all of their developmental benchmarks with flying colors!! She pottie trained them in three days, sent their soothers off to the Sookie Fairy, and today they told me that they are learning to eat like princesses. They cook with their mom, do dishes with Nanny, understand how to pray,they love to sing, and so much more.

I have written this blog post tonight to say 'thank you' Keah' for being a great Mom. I am grateful to have you mothering these precious grand daughters, and being wife to my son, Michael. Keah is easy going, always pretty cheerful, a wonderful listener, an amazing cook ( her husband constantly compliments her), a great sport, and a beautiful human being!!! The list could go on !!!

Before I post today's photos...I will add this footnote....I have three fine son-in-laws ( no favorites here) My two oldest daughters are wonderful moms.....but Keah...you are my reflection today.
         Thank you for being who you are. We all love you!!!!

                  

 


 


 
 
 

















 
Thanks for a fun day  precious girls.
I am such a happy Nanny to have the wonderful grand children that I have.
You have wonderful parents, and a family that loves you both so much!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely tribute to Keah... she sounds wonderful ;-)

    ReplyDelete