Friday, June 14, 2013

To the Men in My life

I had planned to continue my post about Banff but as I read my conference reading this morning my reflections for today took a different drift. I read several talks, but the words from a talk by Pres.Uchtdorf entitled Four Titles spoke to my soul, and so this is today's post!!! I dedicate this to the men in my life ( so women who read this...please share with your men.) The talk describes four titles that belong to men...Son of Heavenly Father; Disciple of Jesus Christ; Healer of Souls; and Heir of Eternal Life.  Each title is well expounded upon in this talk.

The part that I wish to highlight is this:

Perhaps it is true that we are weak. Perhaps we are not wise or mighty. But when God works through us, no one and nothing can stand against us.11 ( I especially liked this quote!!!!)
This is why you are needed. You have your own special contribution to make, and God can magnify that contribution in a mighty way. Your ability to contribute is not dependent upon your calling in the Church. Your opportunities for service are endless. If you are waiting on the sidelines, I encourage you to get in the game.
Don’t wait for a particular calling before you become fully engaged in building the kingdom of God. As a priesthood holder, you are already called to the work. Study the word of God daily, pray to Heavenly Father every day, internalize the principles of the restored gospel, give thanks to God, and ask for His guidance. Then live what you learn, first in your family but also in all situations of your life.
 
In the great Composer’s symphony, you have your own particular part to play—your own notes to sing. Fail to perform them, and with certainty the symphony will go on. But if you rise up and join the chorus and allow the power of God to work through you, you will see “the windows of heaven” open, and He will “pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” Rise up to your true potential as a son of God, and you can be a force for good in your family, your home, your community, your nation, and indeed in the world.
And in the process, as you “lose [your] life” in the service of others, you will grow and develop until you reach “the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.” Then you will be prepared to inherit, with Christ, everything your Father has.

You Are Important to God

My dear brethren, my dear friends, you are important. You are loved. You are needed. This work is true. The priesthood you are privileged to bear is indeed of God.
I pray that as you ponder the many titles of a worthy priesthood holder, you will discover a divine wind at your back, lifting you ever upward toward the great inheritance your Heavenly Father has reserved for you. I leave you this blessing and my testimony in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.

What powerful words to the men of this church. How grateful I am for my husband, sons, and sons-in-law who bear this Holy Priesthood. It is my constant prayer for them to always treasure this gift from God to them. May we as wives, sisters, and daughters of our Heavenly Father continually support them in their four holy titles. I know that these things that I have read and quoted are true and I believe this with all of my heart and soul.
 
I conclude this post urging everyone to seek out the words spoken by prophets in our time, and to find the eternal joy that I know is there for everyone who Comes Unto the Savior and makes sacred covenants with Him. I close with deep gratitude for my loving Heavenly Father, and the family that he has blessed me with.

1 comment:

  1. This is always a beautiful to be reminded of this Jackie... Although I do not have the priesthood in my home... I have access to many wonderful men through the church:)

    ReplyDelete