Friday, June 28, 2013

Finishing off June

Well here it is Friday, and this part of my trip has just about come to an end. It has been an enjoyably quiet three weeks ( almost three). I've had some adventures with Laura and Jeremy, but I've also had some real down time for me, which I needed even more. Sad thing is that I could really get used to that pace of doing my own thing, when I choose to. Enough said.

There have been a few events of this past week which certainly should be recorded to my memory. I have continued to enjoy my morning walks, and have found some beautiful spots here in Calgary NW. I'm enjoying the walking program, and psychologically I think it motivates me to keep this going. Heaven knows I need a good kick in the pants



Some of walking views
 
 
Speaking of walks...I stayed up late one night to watch an amazing walk by Nik Wellensa...over the Grand Canyon. Having experienced seeing this wonder of the world...I had to watch him. It was so breathtaking....I snapped a few shots of him near the end...when he kneels, then hop, skips and runs to the end...and of course kissing the ground. My thought throughout it all was WHY ?
Why take such a risk, no matter how good you are...but then again...I walk across the street everyday!! He was spectacular.
 



 
AMAZING FOR SURE
 
Moving right along...Tuesday was girls time for a road trip...and off to Edmonton we headed.
Laura and Vanessa headed to see Taylor Swift's amazing concert, after dropping me of to visit with Scott and Jennifer MacIntyre and Family. I was excited to see them and their sweet family. They were so very welcoming, and both did not seem to have aged a day!!!!
Now the children had done all the aging....and now range from 20-12yrs. of age. The oldest, Jason is away at school, Justin is now 18 and finishing High School, beautiful Sarah is turning 16 soon and she is a delight, Jeffrey is 14, and seems like he's full of fun....and Joshua the youngest almost 12...was oh so much fun. We had a delicious dinner together, and then Jennifer and I took a nice walk around the park across from their home. It was beautiful and had everything. We came home for a divine chocolate cake with ice cream and lots of visit time.
Before I post more photos I will mention that I've seen some awesome clouds in these big western skies....and certainly did on the way to Edmonton.



















Moving right along we entered birthday mode in the Dunford home.
Wednesday was Jeremy's birthday and we respected his no party day, and had fun as a three some.
There were presents, breakfast at Denny's, a great movie, Now You See Me, sushi and German chocolate cake for singing the birthday song.




 




enjoying sushi










has he changed much!!!
 
 
Thursday was our day of service in flooded Calgary...written about in another post.
Friday was laundry, walking, organizing time.
I also finished a book earlier in the week...very unique one by Jodi Picoult

 
 
More walking scenes.....crossing over the Crowfoot trail



So that kind of sums up most of this weeks adventures...Laura and Jeremy have a new person moving into their basement space next week, plus they are heading off to Washington...so lots on their plate ....hope that Laura gets some rest while she's away ! She's earned it!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment