Sunday, June 2, 2013

LOVE TO OUR DENTAL FAMILIES

 

 

 

So today is a two post day ( so far) I have found that my Sundays are a great day to reflect, and taste the sweet whisperings of the spirit. I actually thought of this post last night when I was looking through some photos posted by the very talented photographer, and my friend Helene Farland. This is one of these ladies that you meet in your life that you love instantly. I'll get back to Helene.

Here in Halifax, for the last number of years we have had some exceptional blessings come to our church family in the disguise of dental students. They come in late August, with often a child or two in tow, and settle in amongst us for four sweet years. I won't admit to getting to know every single family, but I've yet to meet one family yet that I haven't been bowled over by the wonderful people that they are. The hard part is that they do graduate and then we have to say farewell to them...I just say so long....because I do hope to see them again!!!! ( I have seen some of them after they leave!!!!)
They're best friends are naturally their fellow students, and Utah buddies. But they also reach out to we Maritimers with their hearts, souls, talents, friendships and so much more. They are indeed on my 'counting my blessings' list.
 So in no particular order.....here are the families that I have to say so long to...and who I'll miss so much!!! ( By the way....Helene has given me permission to use her photos...she is so amazing!!!!!)

Taylor and Helene and Kingston
 

Love the love in this photo

Brother and Sister....both so precious

Momma and daughter...taken by Daddy

See what I mean...these families are all beautiful people, and so very talented. We were blessed to have the Farlands with us for five years, as Taylor studied an additional year of surgery with the IWK. Taylor also job shared with me in teaching Sunday School, and that was an extra special gift to me. He is a gentle spiritual giant in my eyes. His wife, lovely Helene, is magical  to watch when taking photographs. She captured the faces of many of the children here, and I have photos of some of my grandbabies to always remember her by. What I also adore about Helene is her gentle voice, and her love of everybody. I watched her sing with the primary children, and put smiles on the faces of we older ones in Relief Society. Their children are precious...imaginative Kingston and their little princess Isla.
I hope that we see lots more photos from Texas...their next destination. Lucky cowboys

Proud to be an alumni with these Dalhousie Graduates

The Griffins

Love this sweet family so much. Just look at those adorable little faces!!!!( and the mom and dad too)
They were a marvel to me as they arrived with their sweet boys in tow. Ben, Jacob, and Travis became my library friends, as they'd visit me for stickers after church and always charmed many more than the others!!! I was thrilled when Tessa Mae arrived to give gentle Carolyn some female support on the home front. She is just such a charmer....with no need for stickers.
Both Mom and Dad have served us so much while raising their precious family, and doing school. We all admire them so very much for their example, and their tender testimonies that were always so evident. They have touched the lives of many, and Brandon always said the right thing at the right time to put a smile on my face. ( bet he didn't even realize how that talent blessed me) I felt like a proud grandma to this dear family. Well done, son!!!




The Madsens.....very choice people



The two oldest....they stole my heart  ( and loved my stickers!!!!)


My beautiful Jessica

Last but definitely not least are the Madsens. I'm not sure that I can find the words to say how much this sweet couple and their children are in my heart. I have watched their children grow, babysat them, played with them and I will miss them like they are mine. Justin is such a gentle example in the way that he supports his family, and his adorable wife. He always made me feel so welcome when I would drop in for beauty help from his talented Jessica. ( and you need talent to make me beautiful) I would feel like I was disrupting their home, and he just erased that feeling.
Jessica...who wouldn't want to know this gorgeous lady. She gave her heart to us all....and I will NEVER forget her.
She is a such an understanding lady, and so wise for her years. She is a wonderful mother, and sustains her husband, despite having many busy days on her own while he studied, or served in the church. She certainly influenced many in the church, especially our Young Women....how blessed they were.
You are very dear to me....love you all....Justin, Jessica, Miley, Scotlin, and Loren.

Thank you all sweet families. You have blessed the Maritimes, and made my life a lot richer.
Well done graduates!!!
Never good-bye.....just see you later.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment