Friday, June 14, 2013

Banff part Two

I'm not quite sure how Miss Laura could post about Wednesday in one post...but then again I've been told that I tend to be long winded. In this case I'm overwhelmed with which photos to post. I'm feeling a bit...just a bit lazy...so here's what Laura said about the second half of our day.....then I'll add my photos. I changed some of her story to make it sound like me talking!!!

"Our stop after the falls was to Beavertail, Laura's favorite place in Banff and one of my favorite treats. I insist that everyone go there and indulge. Diets do not exist when it comes to Beavertail, friends.

While at Beavertails, we texted Bill asking him if he would treat us to a ride on the gondola. The rain back home must be making his brain soggy because he happily replied "sure why not." Thank you Bill ! It was a first for both of us to ride the gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain. We had a pod to ourselves and the ride was fun. A little windy (even scary) on the way back down but the views were gorgeous. When you get to the top you can get out and explore (not sure why we didn't realize this at first seeing as people hike this mountain to explore all the time) and the views are absolutely breathtaking. You are surrounded by the mountains everywhere you look, there are stunning lakes, a view of the entire town of Banff and it is captivating. To make our day even more fun, it was also snowing when we reached the top before the sun came out again. We were glad we brought our sweaters "just in case."

The perfect end to any day in Banff takes place in the Upper Hot Springs. This was another first for us and it was so relaxing. We rested our tired legs and enjoyed what felt like the perfect, warm bath.( 39 degrees Celcius....amazing!!) It wasn't too crowded either making it all the better. Jeremy and Laura will for sure be heading up to the Hot Springs this winter to enjoy them when it is colder out. Laura was missing him and said she can only imagine how good they will feel then and everything is better with Jeremy there. We sure did miss him today and I think after we facetimed him from Sulphur Mountain, he was regretting not coming too. ( being studious) It was the best Banff day yet and I can't wait explore some more. Banff is awesome!
Now for photos!!!!!
 
 
Yummy.....here's our chef!!
 
 

 
 
 





 
 
 





















A great viewing walkway!!

 



LOVE


INTERESTING


Return trip ( much windier)


 








 



 

AMAZZZZZING



 
 
This was a wonderful adventure
 
My favorite photo of the day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could feel comfortable in front of the camera... my children missed out on many pictures of me due to my dislike of photos of myself.

    Such lovely pictures of you and Laura and the scenery:)

    ReplyDelete