Friday, June 21, 2013

It's wet in the west!!!



Here is part two of my visit with cousin Donna on Monday and Tuesday. On Tuesday Donna was grand mothering her darling two grandsons, Owen and Joshua. They were to be with us for the day and a trip to the zoo with a picnic was all planned out. UNFORTUNATELY, we forgot to invite mother nature so she turned on the tears, with added thunder and lightening for emphasis! and rained out our outing ! So instead, we stayed home, read stories, played with toys, and had a special friend drop by. One of Donna's good friends, Beryl was at Dal when I attended....eons ago. She dropped over with her grand daughter Tatum and we had a lovely visit. We did the usual walk down memory lane and then Beryl took Owen home with her. Following a yummy lunch, Joshua went down for a nap and then Donna and I had some more catching up to chat about. Donna pulled out her high school year books and oh what fun we had.

Donna's daughter, Jill  arrived for her boys and we had some more visits before Laura came to take me home. We did an Ikea stop then home for dinner and a restful evening, building furniture!!

Here are the photos of the adorable Botelho boys.....

Owen and his beautiful mom Jill
 


Writing to his Nanny Nash in Halifax



Joshua joins the photos after his nap

 
Fun little brothers
Wished that I'd taken a photo with Beryl!!
Wednesday was a slower day. Enjoyed a morning walk, even if I did get caught in the rain!!
Laura and I went to Costco, and in the evening we hung her a new mirror.
The rain continues to fall, causing lots of flooding through southern Alberta. We've been okay but it has caused many evacuations in outlying areas.
Some final photos from today, including an amazing cake that we enjoyed tonight.


Wednesday skies

Walking to the oldies!!!




 
The skies continually change from dark wet clouds to quick peeks of sunshine!!
Today Laura and I went down by the Bow River to run ( her) and walk ( me) late this afternoon....the river was moving with great haste...and definitely higher....debris travelled along with it...and even a lone Canada goose caught the waves.
 



I was so afraid for these little ones....but momma protected them



Skies on the way home


Out our front window


 


Our watermelon dessert....amazing


 
DELICIOUS !!
 
It continues to be a happy visit with Laura. I've had some excited texts from the Sask. crowd as they countdown until I come.
I also hear lots from Karen, and enjoyed some facetime with Emmy, Finley and their folks this afternoon.
Loved this revelation from Emmy. When asked why the mosquitos had been biting her, she smiled and said because I'm as sweet as sugar!!!! Miss my spread out family, but being royally cared for by Laura and Jeremy
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I keep hearing from clients in Alberta about the horrible rains, I even had one client nearly cry as they are not used to this kind of weather.

    I hope it breaks soon... my David is there and he says morale is down due to the weather which never seems to give them a break....

    Anyhow, it sounds like you are enjoying your lovely vacation :)

    ReplyDelete