Friday, May 31, 2013

Reflections to remember

Hello blog....I just came from a minor procedure to check my interior ( nothing major so don't ask) but it has again made me reflective. It always amazes me what can be done these days in the field of medicine, and yesterday as I purged my body for this wee test I thought about how nice it would be to purge lots more than my bowels. But then again we are able to do this through prayer and repentance. Just like taking some of the vile drinks that I did for my bowel, it's not always easy to purge some things from our lives....bad habits, weaknesses, doubts, and the like. It was interesting that as I purged yesterday I followed a set of directions that the hospital had given me. They worked like a charm, maybe not a charm, but they did what they were supposed to do. So what about the simple directions that we get to purge other things in our lives. Well I wanted the test to go well so I followed it to the letter......need I say more!! The directions are really so simple, yet we try to do  it our way and we create more tests than we really ever need.

Secondly, I want to continue some catching up. I've on several occasions just copied Laura's posts from her visits....to summarize those days...they were wonderful. It was such fun to have both Laura and Jeremy with us. The house was busy with people dropping in, family gatherings, and even a marathon for good measure. Here are my final photos...
 
FIRST, A LAURA TRADITION......CRAZYYYYYYYYY



SUCH GREAT FRIENDS

JUST PLAIN PRECIOUS



WAS IT WINDY??




AND SHE DID IT AGAIN



                                       THEN A FAMILY AND FRIENDS BBQ








HOW CUTE ARE THEY!!!!


WE WILL MISS THIS GIRL AND HER FAMILY

WHO'S TURN TO PLAY!!!




LOVED THE MUSIC THAT THESE TWO SHARED


MAKING MUSIC IN THE HALLWAY





 
                                                             BLUENOSE MARATHON


 
 
 
 
 
MY SWEET BABY BROTHER



CROWDS AND CROWDS...14000 RUNNERS

THERE SHE IS WAITING FOR THE RACE TO START

WELL DONE BOTH OF YOU



 


 
 
 
 
 
VERY PROUD OF OUR RUNNER
 
Now I should close this, but I'm go to do one more catch up. The weeks that have followed have been somewhat quiet. I've worked at the Temple ( always a winning time), done some visiting, play days with Olivia, put together a quilt,  wished two more grandchildren birthdays ( Jessica 12 and Georgia 6), made a few cards, had a few walks, attended a beautiful wedding( Todd and Samantha), read some books, taught Sunday School, and that's about it for now.
 
Beautiful and twelve

Cuter than ever and six

Always so grateful for my wonderful family


 

1 comment: