Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tales from the tale end of the week!!!!

I am having a wonderful visit with Laura and Jeremy. I am enjoying our adventures together, the peacefulness of their home, delicious food, and just the time to relax. They have made me feel so welcome, and loved.

We seem to have a pattern of days....busy, then relaxed.....and I'm okay with that. Thursday was relax day and the weather kind of set the tone.....cloudy with sprinkles. I finished my book, The Secret Life of Bees.....for the second or maybe third time. It helps to have a weak memory...I remembered that I liked it....and indeed I did again.

 
Laura and I did a run to Target...to find me a new top or two. It's helpful when your girls take you shopping....love their advice. Not sure why I'm such a dud at shopping. I generally come home empty handed....but alas....here's some great deals that I found.
sweater matches my new Stampin Up mosaic stamp and embossing folder...LOL




liked this one to wear over my black skirt...very light and comfy.
Lots of fun and hope for some better fashion!!
 
We had a relaxing evening, ate a delicious stuffed pepper dinner. Wish that I'd taken a photo....then we watched master chef....I'm really getting hooked on that one......and had a fun game of phase ten.
This is obviously not stuffed peppers....it is however a delicious tuna, quinoa, avocado, spinach wrap that Laura created for lunch today......loved it
 
**************
 
Friday began on yet another slow pace....caught up on laundry, watched Laura bake and started a new book. Then late in the afternoon we headed south to Black Diamond to attend a beautiful baptism for Karma-Anne van de Merwe.
The van de Merwe are originally from Nova Scotia. They lived in Cape Breton, and in the Valley. Jeremy baptized the dad, Roelof when he served in N.S. The family has stayed in touch, and a year ago moved west to Black Diamond. They are the sweetest family and I'm slow glad that I was able to attend this beautiful baptism. I recognized the Mom and Dad from their Nova Scotia days. Jeremy gave a wonderful talk about Baptism. He spoke so directly to dear Karma and I loved watching him interact with the children in this family.
Another missionary, Jeff Redd who had served in N.S. just before the van de Merwe's moved, was also there and he spoke on the Holy Ghost. As the service ended Jeremy turned and there was a third missionary, Elder Nichols who served at the same time as Jeremy. It was very special to see  the love that these three missionaries have for this family.




 


Such a sweet family

We had a lovely visit, yummy treats, then headed home for Laura to get ready for work.

1 comment:

  1. I love your new shirts... they look lovely on you:)

    Andrea was the one who kept me up to date... lol...

    ReplyDelete