Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year Everyone

First, Thanks to my amazing blogger daughter, Laura for giving me a blogging lesson to start the New Year!! She also helped put away Christmas, which I don't mind doing now that it is 2011. My first blog entry for 2011 is naturally going to be about my exciting New Year's Eve Party with the Fab Five. Their folks were invited out and so Nanny was called on to party with the kiddies. We had a blast!! ( Pop opted out....his loss) So here goes ( I now can do pictures better!!! hooray..Thanks Laura)


This cute picture was taken in the afternoon at my place. The Nelsons, Bings, Laura and myself were all at the Canada Games Oval, skating with the rest of Hfx. ( I actually just pushed Cooper in the stroller) After the skate I made some 'lupper' ( lunch/supper) for everyone...then tried to get a rest before the evening.




So here we are at the Nelson's....and just to make sure they got to celebrate the New Year happening...we did it at 8pm....( it would have been New Years in another part of the world)

Thanks to a Christmas gift from Aunt Lynn, we had hats, balloons, horns, streamers, and even confetti ( which we were told not to throw...party pooper)




A more subdued pose...especially Sarah!!!


After a short game of charades, we headed to the downstairs theater!! Here are the oldest girls showing me the ropes for a dance Wii experience. You'll note that I did not photograph my attempts! It was really hard....but the girls loved it....Jacob jumped in once in awhile. It is a fast moving fun game that blows my mind with the technology involved.




Georgia was very intent on doing the moves!!


What's a party without food...Chips, pop,chocolate, and Sarah made the best buttered popcorn.Resolutions start on the 1st!!!


Food in hand we headed to the theater to watch our feature movie. Before I forget Cooper was in bed....all the fresh air of the skating knocked him out before I arrived!!


Back to the movie....we watched a cute flick called Despicable Me.


Funny note here...Jessica said we needed more sugar to keep us awake...she always falls asleep first. Shortly after we started the movie, Jessica was snoooooozing, then Jacob, and finally Sarah.


Georgia looked at them as I took the picture and with a big grin said ....

HAPPY NEW YEAR NANNY!!

I think that she actually thought that because her siblings fell asleep she had succeeded.

She is just so darn cute. We finished the movie together and then she happily toddled off to bed and fell asleep with a huge smile on her face.
Meanwhile I had the task of getting the three oldest up two flights of stairs. Jacob was priceless...he would walk two steps, then try to go back downstairs. He was so confused and funny. He finally climbed his ladder and dove under his covers. Jessica was equally funny, talking randomly, then smiling as she arranged her spot on her top bunk, wishing me a Happy New Year and hitting her pillow.

Sarah was not as easy as the rest. She woke up on the main floor level of the house and asked what time it was. She then announced that she was going to keep me company and bring in the New Year with me. I had been doing laundry, and some tidying up, so she joined in and was a SUPER helper. She was obviously dieing to go to sleep, but kept a determined mindset to make it to midnight. The last twenty minutes was sooooooooo hard for her......but she DID it.....



I'm glad that she did too, as I was feeling somewhat glum when the evening began. We laughed, hugged, threw streamers, and had a great celebration. Thanks Sarah!!!!
So 2011 made it here!! Sarah was quick to head off to bed, and after a short bedtime story ( she deserved it) ...she was quickly asleep. I finished some laundry, then decided to treat myself to some book time. I've been reading an historical fictional by Gerald Lund, called The Undaunted. Very enjoyable, and interesting read. Certainly makes one appreciate the good life that we enjoy, and those who went before us, making so many things possible for us!!!

Kathy and Jeff arrived home shortly after oneish and I pulled into home just before two.

Thanks wonderful grandchildren for helping me have a great New Years Eve.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time! Love the pics.. yay for having a blogging lesson to ring in the new year. ;-)
    Happy New Year Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun new years and congrats to sarah grace for making it to the new year! The pictures are so much fun, a great start to a new year! Thanks for picking me up from work today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu are one step ahead of me......I haven't even finished posting things from last year. We appreciated you coming and ringing in the New Year with the kids.......they had a blast and Georgia was really upset to find Jeff and I in our bed today and not you........she was not impressed that you didn't sleep over. Maybe she thought we were going away again??

    ReplyDelete