Sunday, January 16, 2011

SUNDAY ...how I love Sunday

For the most part it has been a perfect Sunday. The talks today in Sacrament meeting were exceptional.....Chelsey gave a great beginning, Lis was a wonderful main dish and Greg was the best dessert ever!! No it wasn't about food....but it certainly Spiritually fed us. The theme was Building our lives Spiritually. As Lis so sweetly put it this revolves around fasting, pray,service and obedience.( paraphrasing) But being the Mom of teenagers she put it in a perfect slant when she gave us a quiz...kind of like in those teen magazines. I'm hoping that she sends me it because everyone should take the quiz. Greg gave such an inspiring talk and you knew that he was speaking from his heart and soul. He is such a good man, and he radiates his testimony.
The rest of the meetings were good too. Glad that I got to Brandon's lesson in Sunday School, and I always enjoy Maryann's spin on lessons in Relief Society. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful church program, and to be surrounded by such great friends.
This afternoon has been slow and peaceful. I've enjoyed a glowing fire, and a good book. Bill cooked most of our dinner, and it was good! I had one phone call that stressed me, but it's too personal to mention.
A thought on my mind is that of trials. We all have them, but so often it seems like some people get more than their share. I believe that we all are only given what we can handle, and I'm thankful for my small trials. I'm also glad that I've recognized how to learn from my trials, and generally look for the lessons while the trial is ongoing. I also try to look back at situations and see the growth that has occurred because of the trial. I'm not always on the ball being so wise. but I do have a belief that this is important to do.
Hope that you've had a grand Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Is that my Dad that gave a talk? If it was I wish I could have been there too :) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete