Monday, January 3, 2011

Motherhood

I often have random thoughts go through my little head regarding the grand calling of motherhood. So tonight I thought that I would record some of them...in no particular order.

*It's an eternal job thank goodness!!! Families are forever!!
*It was such amazing feeling to hold my new baby (each time), and know that they are all mine.
* I forgot all of the pain of delivery very quickly.
* I became very protective.
* I saw my own mother in a different light, and I apologized to her on many random occasions.
* I made so many wonderful memories along the way, and I can't get over how quickly time passes.
* I hurt with them when they hurt and I want to fix them.
* I can't always fix them, and that hurts so much more.
* I want them to find the perfect spouse, and have a happy marriage...forever.
* No one is good enough for my children....although I do have some great -son/daughter in laws!!!
* I love seeing them become parents....payback time!!! sometimes!!
* I love watching them be the parent, and it's hard to not want to be the parent with them.
* I love it when they appreciate you as their mother.

I'm sure that I could go on and on.....I do love being a mother. I often feel that I've fallen short in many aspects of this great calling, But I do continue to try to give it my best..especially in the grandma stage of my life.

I had the best mother. I remember sitting with her through the last months of her life. She was very ill and not able to speak very much. I sat one day and wrote in my journal as many memories as I could think of with her. They went on and on, and I'm so grateful that I did this. She always was there for me, and she never criticized me. She loved me no matter what trouble I got into, and she was always so proud of me. She was an amazing grandmother to my children, and I so wish that she had lived to know her greatgrandchildren...oh how they would love her.

I am thankful to be a mother.

PS...if you look at my blog, some photos are bigger than others, and I really don't know how to change this....it doesn't mean that anyone is more special than anyone else.....if you can help me...let me know.

3 comments:

  1. I want to read those memories of your Mother please. Whenever you are willing to share... love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess all mothers feel that they "fall short" as you say, I know my own mother felt that way... she said it way too many times for my liking! She called me up one time not too long before she passed away and apologized for being a bad mother! After arguing for quite a while that she was wrong(we tended to do that ;) I finally told her that I would accept her apology as long as she would accept mine for being a pain-in-the-behind-daughter. She accepted the compromise. ;)
    I would just like to say that your kids would most likely have the same argument with you about your "falling short"!
    Keep being the great mother that you are!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list. I am also grateful motherhood is an eternal calling and that families are forever and that my little ones are all mine.

    ReplyDelete