Wednesday, January 12, 2011

R and R... I wish!!

Time for some Blogging Rand R..............REMEMBERING and REFLECTING !! I actually have been writing this in my head over the past 24 hours. I just got back from Bridgewater and a fun visit with Mike and Keah. Wow, have the little ones been growing!! Emmy is developing the gift of gab...and she expresses herself like it should all make sense to us!! Finley is becoming much more mobile....and oh she loves her breakfast cereal!! She demands seconds!!! Here are a few photos before I add some other thoughts


Hanging out on their new playmat that daddy put together for them. Looks like a photo shoot from Disney....they'll be after Pop before you know it!!!



Good morning smiles from Emmy, patiently waiting her breakfast...Little Miss Sunshine!!




Couldn't catch a smile from Miss Finley...she's very serious about the breakfast wait-time...and oh she wanted seconds today!!!

Now back to my thoughts. It takes just about an hour to get to Mike's...so an hour both ways gives me lots of time to think. I do enjoy that time of peace and reflection.
One thought that I want to record and remember happened on the way home. I was heading back to Hfx. early because of an impending snowstorm ( it has arrived). The one thing that I did notice as I drove was that the wind was really changing. Then I remembered a talk given by Elder Uchtdorf, back in our last General Conference ( I think). I plan to look it up and learn how to add links. Anyway, being the experienced pilot that he is talked about how less experienced pilots, when caught in turbulence would sometimes speed up to get through, and that was exactly what we shouldn't do. I, of course, in thinking this slowed down, and had a much smoother drive. Besides the effect on my driving it made me think about how similar this is to what we do when things get tough. We want to speed right through and get it over with. However sometimes if we slow down, look more deeply at our challenges, we gain the control we need to make it through them and we see what the experience is teaching us. I'm also grateful for our church leadership and the inspired wisdom that they share to help guide our lives.

Second thought.....babies. I sometimes wish that I had the wisdom (that I feel I have now) when I was a new mom. Really, I'm no great expert.....but here's where I'm going with this. Today, before I headed home I took time to hold both of the girls(individually) and rock with them. ( I love being able to do this....how I wish they lived closer by) It was a sweet time for me, and obviously for them as they drifted into a peaceful sleep. As this happened I thought about how often we are in a hurry to just get through one task, or stage of life with our children and we often miss the sweet moments. ( The cuddles, story times, conversations, play times and just plain time together) What must it feel like to be a helpless little one, not yet able to talk or express feelings, and yes you've been fed, and your diaper is dry....... then someone takes you in their arms and lets you feel love. How secure this must be!! I know mother's days are pretty full, and I'm not writing this to criticize anyone....just want to say...
if you can do it....DO IT. Cuddle your children to sleep, let them feel your love tightly around them. Talk to the older ones, and be there for them as much as you can. I wish that I had done this better. They will grow up faster than you can imagine, and they won't always want these snuggles.

Just my thoughts.... oh and one last thing.....thanks to my grandkiddies for being the cutest, and cuddliest!!! I had such a fun weekend with Georgia and Cooper, then overnight with Finley and Emmy. How I love their precious little souls. They bring me such joy ( as do Jessica, Sarah, and Jacob) and MY OWN KIDDIES. Love them all so much.


Good morning Nanny!!!

Is there room in this bed for me???


My littlest little man.......and he cuddles as good as his big brother!!




So that's all for now....chat with you again soon!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I needed to read it just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are my cuddles huh? hhaha love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post, something I definately needed to read. I was just talking about this yesterday, how I feel I am always rushing around trying to get things done and don't take the time I should with my kids. Already I cannot believe how big they're getting and know that as they get older I'll miss these days with them.

    ReplyDelete