Thursday, January 27, 2011

KEEP YOUR TEMPER

.....NO ONE WANTS IT.

I guess that that is a strange way to open my blog but while I was swimming today, this was the topic of my reflection. I just couldn't get it off my mind. You know we all have many moments in our lives when we express anger. I guess it's the delivery of that anger that becomes the Temper. So as I swam and I reflected on several situations where anger...temper...has been displayed...I thought to myself ...there must be a solution to this...and guess what...
I found one!!!

The next time that you feel frustrated, ticked off, disturbed, angry, and the TEMPER starts to emerge...STOP...EXCUSE YOURSELF....head to the bathroom.....put down the toilet seat...breathe slowly and even close your eyes for 1-2 minutes..THEN ( and this is important)
Bite on a bar of soap...that's right...a bar of soap. If you do this a few times, I feel that you will gain some better control over your temper....remember.....NO ONE WANTS IT.
This thought was not directed at anyone in particular, but feel free to spread the idea!!

I would also add here...that if everyone were to focus on the life of the Savior....and pick Him as their example....well you wouldn't need the soap.

Count your blessings folks....

Anger doesn't solve anything, it builds nothing, but it can destroy everything.

Now that was my pool reflection. This is also my day at WW and I said that I would be blogging this journey too. So I lost 0.6 lbs. today, and that could make me angry after I worked so hard all week. However, it is a loss, and I feel better in general. I am making better choices, and I am weekly examining how I can improve. So Hooray for me!!

Lastly, today was a snow day in the city. I used to love those when I was teaching, but it's funny how they affect you when you're retired. I pretty much ignored the weather and went about the busyness of the day...WW, then shopping for Aunt May, quick lunch and off to Dartmouth to Nanny my kiddies while Kathy went to the dentist with Sarah, back to meet Laura and have a shopping outing with her...snow day??? They just aren't what they used to be.

Got to run and do some biking...smile and go find the soap!

1 comment:

  1. How I need to take that advice...I lose my temper more than I'd like to admit

    ReplyDelete