Monday, October 28, 2013

Wednesday October 9th


I love keeping my blog. It's my own memory spot, and I will treasure having these documented tidbits of my life. So even though this is the last week of October, I'm still catching up on the final days of my last trip west. This was actually the last day in  Utah and it was a busy fun filled day. Our day started at my niece Sara's where we have been staying while in Salt Lake . Her two adorable girls are featured first in this post.....

 
 Such fabulous little girls



 
                     No one likes good byes.....but we must head north
 
On to a delightful lunch with friends, Carolyn Austad and Michelle Tolman ( and her new hubby Philip) Great food and fun to catch up after several years. I appreciate both of these ladies for the influence they have been in Laura's life...especially those wonderful teen years.








After lunch we made a quick stop at Carolyn's house and loved meeting her adorable children.
 







 
     Laura and I had a special visit to the Bountiful Utah Temple. I continue to be deeply appreciative of Laura's love of the Temple. Each Temple is such a gift from our Father in Heaven. It is wonderful to serve those who could not progress without our help. It was a treasured part of the day.


 


The view from the Temple was spectacular....camera did it no justice









Final stop of the day, and our home for the night was with the Suisse family.
We had such a great visit and it was amazing to see how much these families have grown.
Brittany, the oldest child was just a little girl when she left Halifax....and now she is a teen, and a very accomplished pianist.
Tami and Brent are wonderful parents and I admire the organization within their home, and with their family. The fact that the three oldest are up at 5am each day for scripture study, then the parents work out blows my mind.
Thanks Suisse family for making us feel so welcome and at home. 





LOVE THESE TWO...such fun, and wonderful examples






Thursday, October 10th...here we come Canada
It was a long drive, but so full of beautiful scenery.
Laura was very keen to drive and did so right into Alberta.
At Fort MacLeod she switched seats and I drove on to Calgary
and the dark, the rain, construction and near heart failure.
More experience I know.
We switched back, to calm my nerves after a quick stop at Ikea !!


 


 


 



Good to be back in Canada....but very thankful for our adventures in Utah and all of the fabulous people and places that we got to visit. The bed felt good tonight






 


No comments:

Post a Comment