Saturday, October 19, 2013

A DAY OF GIFTS

 
I had to race home tonight because I don't want to forget the great feelings that are floating through my old head.
I want to first say that I'm not perfect, and that's okay. I'm a work in progress for sure.
So yes I raced home, might have even went a bit above the speed limit....but I knew that this was a blog night for sure.
(I'm rambling, but that's what some old people do....sorry)
 
I want to write about the great gifts that I received today from my Father in Heaven. I have certainly had many moments when I doubt that I matter. I'm just little Jackie O'Hearon...so what.
Today as I prayed to feel my Father's love in a big way....he shouted back at me ( well you know he doesn't shout)...but this was one of those days when he left me with no doubts that I am loved.
So, it started as the sun came up, and I arrived at the Temple. I wanted to snap photos all the way there as the curtains of the day were lifted.....Fall is all around us, and the sun burst up, as if it were saying....you called....I'm hearing you....THEN I entered the Temple to serve. God does indeed love us.....and within the walls of his Holy Temples....He walks and talks with us.
Our Temple today was so busy, full of so many people, and all so happy.
People learned more of the great plan of our Heavenly Father, Baptisms were performed for over  seven hundred ancestors, Families were sealed to each other for Eternity and so much more.
It was such a tremendous blessing to be a part of this.
 
 
 



 
Following my service at the Temple, I ducked home for a short break ( and to eat), then I picked up my friend Susan and headed back to our Stake Center Chapel. ( Yes this may sound like a lot of church...but it was amazing) Now, for a brief explanation....two weeks ago I travelled to Salt Lake City to attend a Conference to hear talks from our World wide church leaders.......that was an awesome experience.
Tonight, it was like a mini version of that conference...just one session...and leaders, and speakers right from here. They were so so powerful, and the Holy Ghost was so evident in that two hour meeting. Every speaker, spoke to my heart and reminded me that I am someone. I think Doug Choo spoke only to me....and then Joel Glanfield, helped me see that I'm doing okay. He asked an interesting question....Can we have Homes of Holiness and not really know it??
I certainly thought that I have failed in that area....but through his words I came away feeling that I am making a difference, and again that I am someone, and that I am loved. The closing speaker, Pres. Evans....spoke about....TRYING....and that it does make a difference. He even made me feel like I could be a runner some day....but we won't go there.
My only regret today is that I'm not a great note taker, or good at summarizing talks.....
BUT I DO KNOW that God heard my weak prayers, and he knows the feelings of my heart even when I don't pray. He knows that I needed to be where I was today, and he spoke to me through many special individuals.
Now do you see why I had to race home and write....God loves me, He knows me, and He is always there for me. I am so deeply blessed.
I am very grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I know that it is Christ's restored church on the earth today, and it holds the keys of God's Holy priesthood. The church is as Christ's church was, and the authority to act in his name is upon the earth again. If you read my blog, and want to know more.....just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment