Thursday, October 24, 2013

L-O-V-E

I love a good read. I like an author who develops his/her characters so that you wish you could read on and on about their lives. I read a lot this summer, and now I have renewed my passion by visiting the library on a very regular basis. The author who is feeding my passion of late is a lady by the name of Karen Kingsbury. She writes a series of stories based upon the lives of the Baxter family. A Christian family who see the hand of God in their daily events. I like the Christian perspective that she lends to her stories. She has several series based around this family, and I have loved reading them. Last night after finishing the book called REMEMBER, I found some beautiful words written by the author and co-author that I felt I needed to REMEMBER.

Quoting Karen Kingsbury:
" My prayer and Gary's is that you continue to enjoy this series, and in the process that you gain a deeper understanding of what
L-O-V-E really means ( Listen, Offer yourself, Value and honor, and Embrace)." 
 
Further she wrote:
 " I leave you with the message of Remember : We must remember how to love, remember what's important, and remember God's truth as it applies to our relationships. Will we make mistakes ? Of course. But if you're one who's messed up a relationship, you've come to the right place.
    This series is about Redemption. The Bible says that accepting God's gift of redemption is the first step to real love. And real love is what the Redemption series is all about."

Then Gary Smalley wrote:
  " Remembering is not something God takes lightly, and for obvious reasons. The very core of operating as a Christian is to "remember your first love"-God Almighty- and to remember what what's important according to God's truth. If we don't remember these things, we leave ourselves open to the top two most destructive forces at work in relationships today: pride and fear. These attitudes and emotions destroy bonds of trust, intimacy, and love, and they fly in the face of all the Lord has for us in our relationships.
    Still there are times when we are either too busy to remember or too jaded to believe in the past.

He then when on to expound on six practical ways to incorporate the ability to remember into our relationships today.
1. Remember the important things in life.
2. Remember your shared faith.
3. Remember how your relationship started
4. Remember what you first liked about that person
5. Remember the good times that you shared together
6. Remember lessons from your past.

Remember shows the importance of working on our relationships through the use of our memories-not just in our marriages but also in special bonds we share with our children and parents, our siblings and friends."

I have been blessed with a beautiful eternal perspective through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Remembering this perspective is truly the greatest strength that I have in my relationships in my life. I have made mistakes, and I have learned many lessons in my journey her on earth. LOVE is important to me on a daily basis, and I know that my Heavenly Father loves me always. the rest is a work in progress.

Speaking of LOVE .....another fabulous read that I have on my night side table is

 "I Hope You Know How Much I Love You !"
( and other advice for a Happier Life)
by the amazing author.....John Bytheway

It too is a MUST read....and a short read so I know that I'll read it often

John states" Hopefully this book will be a battery charge for our lives."

I will testify that it is indeed!!!
 
HAPPY READING


No comments:

Post a Comment