Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Imagination

Good morning one and all. I'm still at home hanging with Miss Olivia and our twin colds. I think she's winning in the runny nose department!! I have a few more weekend photos to blog about, so while treehouse entertains...I will complete this post.

It is the season of Halloween and I have to admit if I had to stop one holiday this would be it !! I just don't see the need for the craziness of it and all of the unhealthy candy. While of course I enjoyed it as a kid...who doesn't like the treats.....as a teacher  I had to jump on the band wagon and decorate and teach around the Halloween hoop ! I dressed up, endured the parades, and dealt with the after days of sugar induced kids. Of course my kids celebrated, but I was really glad when the junk was gone. It was one of those times when I felt control of it all went out the door. NOW that was me venting....please don't judge. I'll say no more.

I will say that I do support creativity and imagination and that did sometimes surface at Halloween. What makes me laugh of late is how much many adults enjoy dressing up and being something else. It would be fun sometimes to change being who we are and be someone else. I often have wished that I spoke with a British accent. I love how those people speak. Is there someone else that I'd like to be??? I used to think that it would be fun to do Vanna White's job. Still thinking on that one....what about you??

Okay now back to the weekend. Despite the germs that were assaulting us....we did have some
dress up ( yes Halloween) fun...
My favorite imagination....the girls creating a zoo for the animals




 So very proud of their creation
 

My Snow White runner in Calgary

Just Goofing around

 
What Nanny....you have a dress up box!!!!


 


 


 


 


 


 


 
 Meanwhile on another galaxy......SUPER baby was dressing for some social events

 
 With her bewitched Momma
 
Much against my cold filled mind....I dashed to the chapel with the girlies for a Hogwarts Halloween event
Bumble bee and Lady bug




 


 


 


 


 


and back home in the back rooms of Bridgewater...... 

 
Oh what is happening to my son???

 
and they all feel asleep in record time....until about 2am....when someones nose started racing...running.....and then she wanted some game time!!!
 
Sunday morning....we can tell who got the most sleep

 


 









 
All cleaned up after a morning bath.
 
So that kind of sums up the weekend. I did drop into a baby shower for niece Patricia...forgot to take photos !!!
 
In closing....I still have a cold that I'd gladly give away. The fall days are growing cooler, frost on the cars this morning. I've laid low for the past few days. Lots happening this week....funeral for John Bottomley ( Dianne's first husband and father of Jane and Paul), Dianne in town for shoulder surgery, Bill's mom, Lil also having surgery to deal with recurrence of cancer, Bill Haas turned 68, and Julie and Bill celebrating their 47th anniversary.
Life is certainly interesting.
Ahhhhh....choo

No comments:

Post a Comment