Monday, October 28, 2013

ahhhhhh.....choo

I really should be in bed....but I really can't stand being behind in my blog.....so this is the last 'draft' to need completing. It is my post from last Thursday through Sunday. Friday was a provincial inservice day for teachers, so Mike and his family came to town on Thursday night. I am always excited to have a visit with them....and this one was going to give me lots of Gramma time. UNFORTUNATELY, by Thursday I had the beginnings of a cold starting...and my voice was going. While I enjoyed the visit immensely, I wish that I could have been feeling better. Friday, I cooked a turkey for the Thanksgiving that I missed. I had to miss the Temple on Saturday, as I couldn't speak and I didn't want to spread my germs at the Temple. Mike and Keah headed off to a Halloween party in Bridgewater. The girls and I had some dress up time of our own....and then on the spur of the moment I decided to take them to the ward Halloween party...not probably the smartest idea with how I was feeling....but I don't get these chances very often. We went and stayed for about an hour...then straight home to bed.
After a not so great sleep....blowing my nose and Emmy's, cough cough sputter....we stayed home on Sunday morning for some slow down time....
To end the weekend, and again probably not what my sick body needed....I dropped over to Nanny Logans for a family and friends gathering for Patricia. It was a wonderful gathering for the baby to be...amazing foods, sweet decorations, and lots of lovely gifts for the baby.
Back home for one more family dinner with my east coast kids...then collapse
Now I really should get to bed....will I ever learn.








 




 

 
Love these three little girls

 
whenever I work in the kitchen this darling grabs a chair and says...Can I help!!

                    QUACK QUACK QUACK.....checking out costumes


lady bug


bumble bee





Playground break


 


 






 
Such a beautiful fall day.....love the leaves





 




 




 


 


            These girlies love to do puzzles...and they do them well

 


 

Finley loved looking through my wonderful family photo books....she read Laura and Jeremy's wedding 2-3 times every day


Our stylish Olivia...love the little braids


 
I have to post my great GF biscuit failure...the gravy was even worse.....yes they were gray
(darn buckwheat)

another costume in the making

 


 
and turkey soup for my cold
 
All for now....Halloween photos to follow ...in the next post.
GOOD NIGHT ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment