Tuesday, September 17, 2013

TUESDAY TALK

So, I have a list the length of my arm of things I could be doing, but the honor of my precious time ( sarcasm) goes to you dear blog. ( It's actually the easiest job on the list) I am feeling not so hot this morning, having woke with a recurrent runny runny nose....and overstuffed head ! I tried to call in sick but I couldn't find the number.

My sister, Julie had slept over to be closer to the hospital where her husband Bill is presently visiting. My poor brother Bill....they need a break, and all of your prayers. When I stumbled down the stairs, there was sweet Julie trying to slip out the door quietly...without breakfast !!! Oh, sister...I have to mother her so much, and I'm thankful to be able to do this. So with a full belly, and a lunch packed I sent her out the door. Sure hope that she gets some good news today.


crazy fun while watching the great finale of Amazing Race Canada


As one door closes, another opens....and it did today, as my sweet, runny nosed Olivia arrived next. She seemed to be in the same mood as I was...so we avoided each other for the first few minutes. After the grumpies wore off....we  blew noses in great harmony

See...she had to sit down to dig in the toy drawers...we're lacking energy....
 



Doc McStuffin talking to the tigers

oops...spilled some breakfast on my jammies
loved the banana chocolate chip muffins

spoon ??? why...this works
 

 


 

Blow bubbles dolly...swimming lessons in the pool



 down came the rain...and washed the spider out
 



all dressed and ready for my nap.

Now, this is where I should be stopping and having my nap too...but I have one last thought for this blog.

While Olivia played with her breakfast I glanced at the newspaper.
I always slow down when I get to the obituaries. Didn't find anyone  that I know BUT it did get me to thinking. I often notice the ages of these people, and lately I notice many not much older than myself. Don't say it....this is getting morbid.

However,the reason that I'm posting these thoughts today is that I thought I should make some comments about my own death. It will eventually happen, and I wanted it recorded somewhere how I feel about this event on my timeline. ( and hopefully one of my family will make note)
I'm really not in any hurry to die, but when the time comes I really don't want it to be a sad time. Even if it was today, I'd hope someone would say, she had a very full life...did so many wonderful things and she's excited to go beyond this life.
I would hope that there would be some fun stories shared, and some laughter even.
Now...when I die, I do want to be cremated...just don't want o be put in the ground. I don't know what you'll do with the ashes...if you're still around Bill take them to some grand destination and let them go.....if not...kids, fight over them!! haha
I'd like a funeral at the church, with lots of great music (Kathy and Jeremy please oversee the music) Close with 'I Believe in Christ.'
I'd also like someone ( Michael) to explain the great plan of Salvation, and tell all of my non Mormon friends and family why I valued this so much...how it gave me such peace and joy!!
I would like a few words said about the great life that I had...my love of family, the gospel, and some adventures.
Then have a party...yes a party...celebrate my life with friends, and family.
Now if Dad is still around, he will need help with my belongings...girls that's your job, including Keah.

Gee, I didn't plan to get to all that detail....but an old girl's mind travels there from time to time.
That's all that I'll say for now, but I will revisit this again.
Love my life.
AND
I will also add these words of love from my mother, and your mother

BE KIND TO EACH OTHER


Okay, I'm back...thirty minutes later to add a quote that I think speaks my feelings about my life. It's from a lesson which I will be teaching later in the week...
When Jeffrey R. Holland was president of Brigham Young University, he compared the building of our lives to the building of the Salt Lake Temple:
“The prestigious Scientific American referred to [the Salt Lake Temple] as a ‘monument to Mormon perseverance.’ And so it was. Blood, toil, tears, and sweat. The best things are always worth finishing. ‘Know ye not that ye are the temple of God?’ (1 Corinthians 3:16.) Most assuredly we are. As long and laborious as the effort may seem, we must keep shaping and setting the stones that will make our accomplishments ‘a grand and imposing spectacle.’ We must take advantage of every opportunity to learn and grow, dream dreams and see visions, work toward their realization, wait patiently when we have no other choice, lean on our sword and rest a while, but get up and fight again. … We are laying the foundation of a great work—our own inestimable future”

3 comments:

  1. I think it is a good idea to write down what you want... I am feel much the same way you do... thanks for sharing... I might do something like this as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better not be dying anytime in the near future. I plan for my kids to have a good 40 years with you and call you Grandma Aunt May Jr. I do always think of you when I scan people your age.. who is morbid now? Whats my job at the funeral? I bet I'll cry the most because I love you most.. and then I'll go on this grand trip with Dad to spread you. I agree with cremation. So much better.

    Anyway.. you're getting funnier in your old age. I used to skim your blog at first and now I read every word. I love it. Maybe it's my old age kicking in but I sit here and laugh.. you're great Mom. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura...I wasn't sure that you could handle a job because you'd be crying the most... I'm still planning... Any requests.... Maybe you should do my eulogy!!! Better get working on those grande kiddies....a little Jackie Dunford would be fun!!! I'm not getting younger!!

      Delete