Sunday, September 29, 2013

OH SO GRATEFUL.....ALWAYS AND FOREVER

I'm jumping ahead of some posts that I have yet to publish from last week....but this one can't wait. It's a beautiful blue Sunday morning. Our usual church time has been changed for today, so I've been able to get the day off to a slower start. After spending some time once more reviewing my Sunday school lesson....I could tweaking it forever....I remembered that I had Saturday photos to post.

Saturday is my day to serve the Lord at the Temple. It is one of my very favorite things to do. I rise up early, usually by 6:30am...shower, dress, munch some breakfast, make a lunch and head off.....it is such a sweet quiet time of the day. Today as I drove I was surrounded by the goodness of nature and watched the day wake up as I drove. ( I kept wanting to stop and take photos) It was a magical drive as early morning fog was lazily lifting from the harbour, and lakes that I passed. The sun was eagerly hiding behind the foggy curtains and burst on stage like it couldn't wait any longer.

Then I arrived at the Temple and once I parked I couldn't stop snapping photos. My heart was so happy to be there. I had a few extra moments and walked around this amazing building....I'll let the photos do the talking...
love the heavenly fog

here comes the sun

I can't wait.....good morning sun



 

Gardens in the fall....still so beautiful

 

 


 


 






 


 


 


 

 

 


 

 
All I can say is .....All things bright and beautiful....
the Lord God made them all
 
It was a perfect day at the Temple...met with many wonderful people, sat next to one of my dear friends, and above all felt the Spirit of the Lord ever present.
It is a peace that can be found no where else.
 
Following the time at the session I ran some errands, once again connecting with some special friends.
I do treasure my friendships.
After dinner and a rest that went a little overtime , I caught part of the Relief Society Broadcast. I didn't mean to rest so long but when I did connect to the broadcast, Sister Linda Reeves was speaking and she was speaking directly to me.
It was so amazing !!! Her words gave me great comfort, and reminded me that my Heavenly Father is ever mindful of the things in my heart.
Pres. Monson then spoke, and WOW...he was talking directly to me too....how did they both know what I needed to hear !!
 
I know, without a shadow of a doubt ( except when I do the why doubting) that my Heavenly Father knew that I was hurting and needed to hear his voice.
I did hear his voice and for this I will be forever grateful.
***********************
 
Just had an early morning cheery talk with Laura....thanks dear daughter...you do inspire me

1 comment: