Saturday, September 14, 2013

FRIENDSHIPS

Friendships come into our lives for all kinds of reasons. I recently had lunch with two dear  friends, Carolyn and Dawn from my junior high school days.... Junior High was over fifty years ago. Now, I have seen these two ladies during the past fifty years, but not very consistently. Carolyn lives in Ontario and has for the most part since early high school days. ( I did travel there when she married, to be her bridesmaid,  a true honor for me) I lost track of Dawn until a few years ago, and she lives in Mt. Uniacke.
 
 

No matter what the history it was so wonderful, to meet and catch up on what life has sent our way. We`ve each married, have several children each, and two of us are grandmothers. Dawn is almost there with two grandpuppies so far!! We ate lunch at the Siege restaurant on Spring Garden Rd.. We arrived for 12:30 and chatted until almost 3pm....they were starting to set tables for dinner ( but graciously let us sit and visit.) After lunch and good byes with Dawn, Carolyn and I strolled down Sp.Garden Rd, and enjoyed a few more minutes together.

 
One last thing about these two ladies. We were all in a special ( Major Work or extended achievement class ) together for grades 7 through 9. We`d walk to school together, Carolyn call in on me as she passed my house. In grade 10 before Carolyn moved I would call on her, Dawn too. These girls were very exceptional students ( not me), lots of fun, and interestingly we all went into the field of Education when we hit university. Now we`re all retired, and enjoying more family times. I`m so grateful that they took some time to connect with me when Carolyn came back to Hfx. for a visit and husband`s work meetings.
I love hearing from other friends in my past, be it a call, a visit, a letter ( what are they), a text, and good old facebook. If any old friends happen to read this....try to connect....I`d love it

1 comment:

  1. I love connecting with friends from the past too.. it is awesome :) I am glad you had so much fun... :)

    ReplyDelete