Friday, September 27, 2013

Busy week full of goodness


 


I can't say that I've been under the weather as an excuse...just totally not handling my awake time very well. I did put some photos on a page to write about but that's as far as I got, and look at it...Friday already. It has been a busy week with Olivia visiting 4 of those days, and an overnight trip to Bridgewater...
About the above photos...these are two new books from an author that has caught my attention, and more time than I probably can spare. Karen Kingsbury is a gifted writer, enjoyable reads, thought provoking, and written with a nice standard. ( Christian fiction genre)
I've also enjoyed returning to the library!


A fun quilt that I finished...love the warm fleecy backside

 


A fun night watching the Emmy's with my sister

I should add here, that I've had Julie staying here several nights over the past few weeks, while her husband Bill recoups in the hospital. He's had a hard go of it. ( He actually got to go home tonight Sept 27)

Our matching slippers...thanks sis, I love them

Olivia brings lots of sunshine and smiles to our home. I love all of her cute expressions, and I'm grateful to be a part of her early years. I know how tough it is to go to work and leave your little ones with someone else. I NEVER liked having to do this. I was fortunate to be able to have my children looked after by family ( Julie and Dianne at different times), neighbors, and in the final years I had someone come to my house so the kids could come home for lunches, and also not be rushed out the door by my schedule. I still didn't like having to leave them....my job though, as a teacher was rewarding, and allowed me many opportunities to be home with them.

 


Isn't that wink the cutest!!!
She does it on demand, and now associates it with pirates. 
ARRRRRRGGG



Good thing that she had her boots with her....she loves the puddles 


 



There is something about these chairs that she is always adjusting the cushions.
 


 
Picture on the right was a fun treat from her Aunt Lynn.
Lynn and Olivia's great grandmother ( Bill's mom) came for a visit. Olivia loves all the playfulness of Aunt Lynn....and the treats.....she is so thoughtful to us all!!





Okay I got in here...now how do I get out... 


 



Monday night treat with Julie ( and Karen and Olivia) at the new frozen yogurt spot....Cherry Berry
VERY DELICIOUS

So that's how the week started....stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Olivia is adorable...she makes the cutest faces ever... ;-)

    ReplyDelete