Friday, September 20, 2013

BEEN READING

 This has been a very unproductive week in many ways. I have not been feeling top notch, so I'd get up and work a little then when fatigue hit, I would curl up with a book and blanket and usually complete the picture with a short nap. Thankfully I am starting to feel better or this routine could become a 'habit'.

I have returned to using the public library system....one to save money, and two to save my bookshelves from overload. At the library a few weeks ago I grabbed some random books that sounded interesting, and in the process was introduced to the author, Karen Kingsbury. She is considered a Christian fiction writer; and her books have been a very relaxing, and enjoyable read.
Today I finished a book called, 'Family' and I discovered that it is written as part of a  series ....I love book series.

Quoting a paragraph from her book

" God has put your family members in your life for a reason. They may not all be lovable, but they all need loving. Sometimes getting past the hurts and strained relationships that can come up in families is as simple as making a choice to love."

I liked that statement a lot and agree with the sentiment. A little further on the page she states....'Our families need three things from us...our time, our touch and our testimony.'

Tonight I also learned how to reserve books at the library....you can guess what series I want to finish.

As I've learned once again in this week's journey....I have much to be grateful for....
tonight I am grateful for talented authors who write books that teach, touch, and that do not offend with inappropriateness. I'm also grateful that I learned to read....thanks, Tom, Betty, Susan, and Flip!!!

2 comments:

  1. nice

    http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/09/vest.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading Jackie and I miss it so much... I need to find time and get back to it... :)

    ReplyDelete