Monday, August 19, 2013

Sleep...sometimes Overrated

 
I'm sitting up in my bed trying to ignore my restless legs! They have been pretty good lately, but they were saving it all for tonight! Bill left the bed awhile ago because I was so disturbing. I've also been texting with both of my western girls and enjoying hearing from them both. Laura is on her way to Washington and I will be glad when that long drive is over.

So lets see....what to post about.

Saturday was my Temple day and it was wonderful. It was sad to have good byes with two wonderful missionary couples...the Edwards and the DelaCruz . Both such beautiful examples, and special people. I enjoyed seeing many friends there and being able to serve. After a little rest, Bill and I dropped over to Karen's, played with Olivia and then went for an ice cream treat at the Marble Slab.

Sunday was a beautiful day. We have been really blessed with some great August weather. Sacrament meeting was certainly unique centered around the topic of  worshipping God through music. All three talks were well done... Nancy Wentzell spoke first and was assisted by some primary children singing. Chris Palmer spoke next and gave a great musical perspective, and Greg Lambert finished the meeting...making us join him in singing ( All things bright and beautiful) ,making us laugh, and truly expressing his joy in music....maybe I should join the choir.

It was my turn to teach in Sunday school and I'm not too sure with how it went over. We talked about Temple marriage...and I lost sleep over teaching  this one. As usual the teacher probably got more from this than the students...It was hard to address such a variety of people ( and there were many people in the class) One of my favorite quotes....was this one......

“I was just sure the first ten years would be bliss. But during our first year together I discovered … there were a lot of adjustments. Of course, they weren’t the kind of thing you ran home to mother about. But I cried into my pillow now and again. The problems were almost always related to learning to live on someone else’s schedule and to do things someone else’s way. We loved each other, there was no doubt about that. But we also had to get used to each other. I think every couple has to get used to each other.”   From Marjorie Hinckley ( wife of Pres. Gordon B Hinckley)

I also have adopted this quote....for myself...

     “Be fiercely loyal one to another”     from Pres. Hinckley

I tried hard not to offend anyone, or make anyone uncomfortable....our lives certainly offer lots of challenges, and side trips....and the overall message should be to be doing our best.
I liked what Bishop Wentzell added as his advice....pray together, read scriptures, and communication.

Relief Society was full of lots of smiles and good discussion as Tricia Murray taught our class.

I enjoyed a short visit with Julie in the afternoon, and together we visited Aunt May. Once again she was very welcoming, and cheery.
I worked on some cards in the evening, then headed to the wrestling ring to let my legs tag team each
other, wait for Dunford texts, then drift off to sleep!!!

Last but not least I realized that of course I have some photos from pre-weekend....we enjoyed having Michael with us for a few days. He was doing some soccer while Keah and the girls visited in Yarmouth. One special activity was when Sarah Rebecca came for games.....Wizard ( Mike one) and Wahoo ( Sarah and I got that win)  Enjoy
Love having her visit


Wizard is so much fun!!!!!

 The 'eye' strategy


such concentration


This fabric is 30plus years old....it is from the first
curtains that I made for Michael....this past week
I made something new for him...2 sleeps until Disney
 
Look who came to dinner!!!


 

Fun visit with Olivia...and her animals

Have a great day...week....rest of August. We will be in Disney so I'll do my best with the blog!!

1 comment: