Wednesday, August 7, 2013

FILLING MY CUP.....YES OR NO

Well, my western travels are behind me...and I'm now back into my home routine. problem is I'm not sure that I've ever had any routines since I retired. Of course, I'm not sure that I ever will. I daily have arguments with myself over this very question....routine or no routine. Since Sunday I have indeed done the usual routine things, laundry and housework. I gave my bedroom a great cleaning. I did some visiting on Tuesday with my Aunt Irene N...and together we went to visit with Aunt May. That was most enjoyable. Bill and I went to lunch with Sharon and Bert which is always fun. They are very dear friends. I visited my dentist...for yet another mouth retainer impression, my third this year. Sure hope that they get this one right.

So here it is Wednesday. Laundry got my day off to a clean start!! ( ha ha) followed by organizing the garbage ( not so clean) Discovering some ripening bananas led to muffin baking...and since I made so many the neighbors received a treat.
 I have been working on some cards for the past few nights. Now this could get me to the topic of hobbies....what do you do when you enjoy them but dislike them at the same time??? My hobbies....sewing, card making, knitting and now crocheting all cost money ( of course) and take my time ( naturally) Sometimes I get overwhelmed by all that this involves..and wish that I only had one. BUT then I think about all of the satisfaction that comes with doing what I do, especially when I share with others. I guess what overwhelms me is the use of money and time....and I'm always tough on myself about that one. Having said all of that...I have eight cards ready to mail....and we all still love snail mail. I also made some other cards for my stash....here they are.





 

 


 

 
 
My favorite photo of the day came via my phone.
These two make me smile so much
 

Routine, no routine....hobby, no hobby
Who cares ?
 

1 comment:

  1. I have a bit of a routine but if I didn't have to have one, I would just like to go with it...

    My hobbies lately are just walking... lol

    I seriously need other things in my life but getting healthy is the most important thing right now:)

    ReplyDelete