Monday, August 5, 2013

SKIPPED SATURDAY...........OOPS

Hello from Monday, Aug.5th....I felt that I had to add the date because I'm really loosing track of time these days. It doesn't help that my days and nights are still so mixed up. Anyway this post just adds to the confusion....Yesterday I was in my Sunday mode and I skipped my zombie Saturday. Friday night was horrible for sleep as I tossed and turned, and got up and down until 3am....MY ALARM WAS SET FOR 6:20am....not sure why I even went back to bed. Anyway, I did, and got up with the alarm....tried hard to look awake and went to my favorite place, the Temple. I got lots of warm welcomes.....but after way too much yawning they let me leave early. I raced to the couch at home and had some rest....then because I love these special people, Bill and I went to a farewell for the Kirchners, Edwards and the Dela Cruz'. It was a lovely occasion and it was nice to have Bill there with me. I made a strong point of getting a photo done with each...but somehow my aloha friends is not on my camera. I will trace one down!!!!   (I FOUND IT !!!!)

The Dela Cruz' leave in a few short weeks to return to Hawaii ( poor souls) They have been here on a seniors mission, serving in the Temple. They are both such sweet people....Sister Dela Cruz ( Anita) is so much fun and we're all glad she survived our mild Canadian winter !!! Brother Dela Cruz ( Rudy)is more the silent partner of that couple. He's always so polite, and thoughtful to me. I think that he's been hiding some of his crazy side. Bill has really enjoyed getting to know them. Thanks so much for being the kind souls that you are, and for being such examples of service to us all.

The Edwards also leave in a few weeks. I feel like I have known Sister ( Charlotte) Edwards for years...I think we were buddies in the first life. She is such a positive happy lady...I love her !! She has made me always feel of such worth; I will miss her tremendously. Now, her husband, Brother ( Craig) Edwards has too much fun at my expense....but all good fun. With his MTC background he has brought music to a new level in our stake. Thanks to you both for serving us with all of your heart and soul....you will be missed deeply.
 

 
Therese, Wolf and Millie are the Kirchners...and I will be deeply sadden to see them leave. I met Therese through my oldest daughter, Kathy.....and I know what a true friend Therese has been Kathy. She was often the older sister that Kathy needed. They continue to talk daily. Therese bubbles with pure love for others. She has become my friend, and I`d adopt her any day. Therese and Wolf ( her darling husband) have two daughters...Annalise ( away at BYU Hawaii) and Millie. They are both delights, and make their parents very proud.
The family is moving to California for Wolf`s work and we will miss them horribly!!
Thanks for being who you each are, and for becoming close to our family.
Love you

 
It is never easy to say farewell to fine people...never.....so what I will say is so long for now...and thank you all for being such blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment