Friday, August 23, 2013

My life with Walt BILL Disney

When I met my husband, Bill I never dreamed that inside this shy, handsome boy was the potential to become WALT BILL DISNEY !!!
 
Yet here we are once again sharing his love( and yes mine too), of Disney World. He loves the whole happiest place in the world, full meal deal....but even more he loves to share it with his family. Our children didn't get these experiences as they were growing up...for obvious reasons ( $$$$...for one)
but now in our senior years we have had many adventures here with our family in one form or another.
I am grateful for him, and for his willingness to very unselfishly, come and share this place with others...and to do it "their' way. ( as best that we can)
This time we are here with Mike, Keah, Emmy and Finley. This is the first time for the girlies, and we are experiencing adventures that we've never done before. It is always such fun to come here and view this place through the eyes of the young ones. These girls were so very excited to come and meet their favorite princess. I'll tell the story through photos as much as I can.
We left for Disney on Wednesday, but for me it really began on Tuesday. We were kept busy on Tuesday with preparations...and it seemed like the day would never end. After getting the girls to sleep we played two games of Wahoo while waiting for laundry to finish then we headed off to bed. Our alarms were set for 3:30 as we had a cab coming by 4:30am
I certainly didn't need an alarm, as Bill was up and down several times checking online for any delay notices, then my legs got jumpy, then Laura and Kathy started to text me,......I finally drifted off around 2:15am....why I really don't know.
Bill was up even before 3:30....and then slowly the rest of us got moving...we left the princesses until last. The cab was very prompt and then off we went.....all seemed to run well at checking in and we boarded our plane on time........and we waited, and waited, and waited.....finally we're told we will be delayed while a tire is changed.....90 minutes later we finally take off. Of course we already know that we won't be making our connecting flight.....until miracle of miracle they announce that Montreal is holding the plane for the Orlando travellers !! We are thrilled of course...and so cheerfully we are allowed to exit the plane first. An air Canada agent greets us and says...we have to run....and he meant it....so picture this....19  travellers running from one end of the airport to the complete end of the terminal.....it felt like we  ran to Toronto!!! ( I felt like I was a part of the Amazing Race Canada.Then we went through security and customs like we were the President himself....puffing and huffing we boarded our plane.
The flight went well. I had dear Emmy as my seat mate all the way to Orlando. She has often been compared to the energizer bunny....and remember this Nanny didn't sleep much the night before....well everyone else got to have naps...including Finley....but Emmy waited until we were making our approaches to Orlando....SHE IS THE ENERGIZER BUNNY.....thank goodness she is
very easily entertained.....she even got creative when I nodded off for just a couple of minutes....love this little girl. ( you'll see her creativeness in the photos.)
Please note...if there are errors...I'm writing this at the end of day two....and it's been a longday

Our send off text from Olivia
We loved it....her turn will come

2am Wednesday morning

Emmy....last one up....she's charging her batteries

Waiting to board

Still waiting....reading Cinderella


photos she took of herself enjoying the glosette raisins
 
 
 
photos she took of me sleeping

close up of her sleeping Nanny
 

Happy traveller
 
 
We made it....and Emmy's trying to get going already.
Finley gives me a pose
I think Emmy was disappointed that Ariel did not greet us at the airport. That is the main person that she wants to see  on this trip

 

Playing while we wait for the bus to the park


On our way to the Magic Kingdom




 


V
As we entered the park we were greeted by a parade ( and a brief rain shower) which had many princesses on it. The girls loved it

 


Heading up Main street, still raining, off to find Ariel

 
We opted to go on Ariel's ride ( out of the rain) as we missed getting in to see the real Ariel.
The ride seemed to satisfy Emmy for now
Wait until I post day two !!!!





She was mesmerized


 






 
I believe that last photo might have been when we turned a corner and met Ursala...neither girl liked seeing Ursala

 


 


They loved this part


 

Another favorite...Dumbo's ride...the higher the better




 

 


 
After a few photos of Cinderella's castle...we headed off to a Disney favorite ( and Poppy's suggestion) It's a Small World. Do I need to add...they loved it


 







 
I have to say watching the expression on the girls faces...was better than any ride

 








Coloring while we wait to be seated in The Liberty Tavern....a fabulous dinner...which I completely forgot to photograph

I'm not sure who took this....and why he looks 'Grumpy'
Just being in character...he loved the meal



Early end of the first day.....the bunny battery needs charging

Bet she's under the sea dreaming

Real troopers on their first full day.
I wish someone could have carried me

The bunny is gone for the day
 
 

My bed and I don't remember hitting the pillow

3 comments:

  1. Great post Jackie...feel like I'm right there with you. The girls are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you are having an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete