Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wednesday Thursday

Oh I feel good. I have just had a great feast with my scriptures...so why wouldn't I feel good. My health is also returning for which I am very grateful.

Today's post is to cover the past two days.....
Wednesday....lots of errands to do and a big project to work on. I actually started the day at the pool, swimming and water running with my fiend Natalie. She's a great lady and we chat as we run. After returning home for breakfast I was off to do some grocery shopping and then to visit with Aunt May. What a sweet woman this lady is. As her days grow shorter ( she's 100 yrs.now) she has such a pleasant outlook on things. She's so appreciative of my visits, and I'm always the better for having spent time with her.

After lunch my fabulous Visiting teachers, Jennifer and Monica dropped by. I love the spirit that they bring to my home. Monica gave a beautiful lesson about missionary work, and I love hearing insight from others on this topic. Monica and Jennifer are both great examples to others.

 After their visit I went back towork on my final two grandchildren quilts. These ones are for Emmy and Finley and I really want to get them to them before I go away next week. ( to Florida) Now that they are in toddler beds I want them there all the more. I made lots of progress, and early this morning ( Thursday) completed Finley's quilt. I just have to sew the binding on Emmy's and the job will be complete. So satisfying indeed....how I love all of my beautiful grandchildren. I wonder when the next one will arrive??

Before I finished Finley's quilt I worked on my Sunday school lesson. We are studying the Doctrine and Covenants/Church History and oh what wonderful readings. The lesson this week is all about Jesus Christ,Savior of the World. Once again studying the role and  attributes of my Savior has more deeply reminded me how precious his sacrifice, and atonement are. I know that he lives, and I feel of his love daily. He hears and answers my prayers unconditionally.
Here's a cool quote from the lesson:

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve said: “When … difficult times come to us, we can remember that Jesus had to descend below all things before He could ascend above them, and that He suffered pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind that He might be filled with mercy and know how to succor His people in their infirmities (see D&C 88:6; Alma 7:11–12)” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1995, 91; or Ensign, Nov. 1995, 69).

I am grateful to know that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in these latter-days. Prophets of old saw our day, and this time was foretold. Sometimes I just want to shout it from the roof tops because this IS the most important event of our time. There is a Plan of Happiness in place for us all, and above all our families can be forever!! Want to know more ??? I'm always willing to share!!

All for now...still trying to figure out what is wrong with my photo upload....I have a quilt to work on!!
All for now ....smiles  and love...Jackie

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing your testimony Jackie, I always feel the spirit whether you share it at church or in the written word:)

    ReplyDelete