Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday, Monday

Just a quickie post while I have a few quiet moments.(  Olivia is sleeping)
I want to post, with gratitude about a great weekend. I have been rather sickly for the past few weeks but none the less enough was enough.
 On Friday, after a visit with the Dr. and some good advice from him, I made a quick visit to see Aunt May. I have missed her lots while sick and I think that the feeling was mutual.
Saturday I went back to the Temple to serve and it didn't disappoint. I felt renewed as I left from working with wonderful caring people and from witnessing the Spirit as ordinances were preformed. How I love the Temple. Wonderful to have both of my visiting teachers there too.
Sunday it was back to church after missing two weeks. How I love church and again the renewing that I feel there each week. Testimony meeting was uplifting, my lesson in Sunday school went well. ( even I felt good about it) and then the icing on the cake was Eileen Kelly's lesson in Relief Society. I have loved the talk given by Elder Uchtdorf at the last General Conference entitled of Regrets and Resolutions. I had even planned to use it in my Sunday School lesson the week before...but that didn't happen. Eileen gave a  beautiful lesson based on the talk and it made me soooooo happy. It is so worth reading or listening to on lds.org. A couple of important things that I gained from it are

this quote
Isn’t it true that we often get so busy? And, sad to say, we even wear our busyness as a badge of honor, as though being busy, by itself, was an accomplishment or sign of a superior life.
Is it?
I think of our Lord and Exemplar, Jesus Christ, and His short life among the people of Galilee and Jerusalem. I have tried to imagine Him bustling between meetings or multitasking to get a list of urgent things accomplished.
I can’t see it.
Instead I see the compassionate and caring Son of God purposefully living each day. When He interacted with those around Him, they felt important and loved. He knew the infinite value of the people He met. He blessed them, ministered to them. He lifted them up, healed them. He gave them the precious gift of His time.
 
and this strong advice:
 
To avoid some of the deepest regrets of life, it would be wise to make some resolutions today. Therefore, let us:
  • Resolve to spend more time with those we love.
  • Resolve to strive more earnestly to become the person God wants us to be.
  • Resolve to find happiness, regardless of our circumstances.
It is my testimony that many of the deepest regrets of tomorrow can be prevented by following the Savior today.
 
I know that I previously posted about this talk....I just love it.
 
Sunday ended quietly...rest in the afternoon, a nice chat with my friend Esther, and some card fun in the evening. ( also tried a mustard plaster....oh lala)
 
Now it's Monday. I'm continuing to feel stronger. Missionaries are coming for dinner, and the sun is shining on our beautiful snowy world. Have a great week.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You are getting a lot of mileage out of that talk by Elder Uchtdorf...guess I really was inspired when I shared it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Jackie about just giving the gift of time, I have noticed lately that I am seldom ever present in anything unless I am writing. I had decided as well that I am making changes as well and I think my leg injury may have been a way to get my attention to focus:)

    ReplyDelete