Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Feeling Groovy

While sitting in a meeting in the Temple on Saturday, Pres. Veinot mentioned in his remarks that he had a tune stuck in his head.The song was Feeling Groovy...which begins....Slow down, you move to fast....and today it's stuck in my head. I feel like I woke up running. Actually that has been my pattern in life for a long long time and I am anxious to slow down. I'm not really complaining about my life just my inability to slow it down abit.

Bill woke me up and reminded me that my little friend, Olivia would be coming soon. She's a great way to start your day. She arrived shortly after and I did take time to just play with her. I could watch her interactions for hours.( you know that I didn't) After play time and a smelly diaper, it was breakfast time, followed by a second smelly!! We read some books then she headed off to bed for a nap. After some tidy time and laundry, and a chat with my friend, Sharon....I headed to my quiet place to read my scriptures. They never disappoint.

I've got some other chores waiting and I hear a little sweet voice calling out....I'll get back at the end of the day, hopefully.

Are your days flying by? Mine are....why does this happen? The afternoon was good. Had a nice chat with Therese, and then Kathy called. It was great just to have a 'what are you doing ' chat with her.
I worked some more on my Disney photos, and just when I thought I'd sneak in a short nap, Karen arrived. I grabbed the chance to slip out then and visit with Aunt May.

I had a surprise call from her at 1:30am, and she had called very apologetically today. Her room mate has gone to the hospital ( she thinks). I dashed out this afternoon and had a wee visit. She is so appreciative of any time that I give her. She is developing a cough and I am worried about her.

Back home and dinner, and a fun face time chat with my fab five. How I miss this special family!!
I'm itching to do some card stuff...and I could also sew....or organize...oh dear....need to start Feeling Groovy!!

Forgot to mention....since I didn't write on Saturday or even Sunday...I should mention that on Saturday my friend Susan received her endowment and it was very special to be her Temple attendant.Susan has had a mountain of challenges, but despite all she is spiritually growing in leaps and bounds. She always has such a positive attitude. I learn lots from her. Saturday night  I went to Therese's for a card party. It was great fun, super projects,  yummy food and of course lovely people.
Here's what we made....looky looky....
done with a digital program
This was so much fun!!!
cute simple and adorable
Sunday was a beautiful day. Church was uplifting, and then Bill,Karen,Olivia and I motored down to Bridgewater to visit with Mike, Keah and the girls. We had a delightful time and a delicious dinner, shared with Nanny and Bobba Seymour and some missionaries.
Look at Emmy jump!!!
Finley fans Kaka
What's with this monkey cousin?
She didn't used to be so busy!!!
Ring around the Rosie
do I have to sit on it....I'd rather stand!!

so much for a photo of the three of us
does she ever stay still??

1 comment:

  1. You have such a beautiful family Jackie, I love hearing about them:)

    ReplyDelete