Saturday, January 5, 2013

Inspired Again

I wrote this a few days ago but for some reason it didn't get posted....


Well she did it again. A while ago Laura asked me to send her some photos of Bill and I. Today I read a lovely blog post from Laura to Bill and I, which included my photos. It was very touching...but it also made me very reflective. LAURA, THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION.It showed some wonderful happy times that Bill and I have had together. Life with Bill has had many grand experiences....from early marriage ( many fun adjustments), to parenthood, to toddlers and teens, ....and so much more. We have had good and bad days, sad  and happy, confusing, frustrating, uplifting, promising, and the list is endless. But that's what marriage is. Ours isn't perfect and it's been lots of work. It will continue to be but that means we will be growing and learning. We have been married for 37 years.....37 years.....that's more than half of my life.
When Laura recently married I gave her a wee bit of advice ( at one of her showers)...I told her that an important thing to do in her marriage involved three words...Listen, Learn and Love.
I'm not sure where that advice came from exactly, but I believe that those three words are important. They can be difficult to do .....or we think that we're doing them when we're really not.

Finally...when the tough days are here and I wonder what to do...I have learned over and over again that when Bill won't listen...Heavenly Father always will. He hears my pleas, and he answers. I have always received the same answer....Be Patient Jackie
and then I learn and then I love.



Thank you Bill for the adventures of the past 37 years....and those yet to come....I love you.

Editors note....I have photos to go with this post but I am having technical difficulties...





2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jackie and so very true, no long term marriage is all happiness and wonderful, that is not life. Marriage can be challenging but I imagine all those challenges are worth it.

    Listen, Learn and Love... definitely great advise, we really don't do this enough but they make all the difference.:)

    ReplyDelete