Sunday, January 13, 2013

SATURDAY-SUNDAY....WHAT A WEEKEND

I am a wee bit tired so I'll end the day with a short post. My weekends are fairly routine, and always two days that give me the strength to start the next week.

Saturday is my day to serve in the Temple. I always go there with great anticipation...anxious to feel of the sweet spirit of the Temple. I am NEVER disappointed. As I headed out this week I was feeling some heaviness in my heart, as I carried some worries with me to the Temple. I fasted as I worked and took as many moments as I could to find a private place to talk with my Heavenly Father. As I left the Temple I knew that my prayers had been heard, and I felt a sweet peace. You know that when we face challenges in our lives there is one who has faced much more than any of our trials. He knows us, and he will carry us when we are falling. When you think that you just can't do it, He gives us the power that we need. Again I am filled with gratitude. My service at the Temple was so wonderful, and I love the great people that I serve with in this Holy House of the Lord.

Saturday evening I spent some time finishing my lesson for Sunday school, and then I  hit the kitchen to bake some cookies for Vanessa who was in town for a visit. She dropped over after visiting with Karen. We had a good visit, eating a few cookies with milk ! Thanks for dropping by!

Sunday morning I awoke from a great night sleep, and my bed was so cosy warm. I could have stayed there a few extra minutes!!  Church is a special part of my week. I love seeing my church family, and partaking of the sacrament. The talks today, on Home and Visiting Teaching were both very well done; thank you Eileen and bro.Dent. You were inspired in your approach to a very special program of the church. My Sunday school class followed and I think that it went well. Our topic of study today was the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and I was once again probably the one who learned the most. Following Sunday school I made an early exit so that I could head to Bridgewater. I had finished quilts for Emmy and Finley's new toddler beds and wanted to deliver them myself before Bill  and I head away to Florida. I so wish that all of grandkiddies lived closer....I enjoy them  all so much. Emmy and Finley always greet with with such precious love and excitement. I enjoyed my visit so much.

Back home I picked up Karen and Olivia, and we headed over for a short visit with Aunt May. Olivia just charms everyone, especially Aunt May. After a simple supper we got Olivia into her jammies and then I started to fade. One funny phone call came from my sister Julie who said that she thinks our trip wasn't a good idea. Surprised I asked why ??? She said that her heart won't stop beating so fast...she's a little excited!! haha.

So that's my weekend in brief. Two sleeps until Florida....and I have to pack!!

Be kind to yourself!

Oh....and one last thought. Here is something that I received from a friend this week.... great truth


"DO IT ANYWAY"

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough; give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see ... in the final analysis it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.
****************************
 
Don't forget....the final analysis it is between you and God
 
Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment