Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thought that I'd share

At the suggestion of Laura, who enjoyed seconds of this quick dinner , I thought that I'd post the recipe. ( Bill had seconds too) This is a recipe that I learned from my daughter (in law) Keah. It can be pulled together fairly quickly and it is quite tasty. Sorry the camera wasn't close by....

Chicken Penne
2 C penne pasta
1-1.5 lb.chicken (cut in strips)
1.25 C salsa
1 C corn
1C gr. pepper (cut in strips)
1C.cheddar cheese (grated)
1T olive oil.
Cook pasta as per pkg. directions
Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook chicken in oil .
Add salsa,corn,peppers and bring to a boil. Simmer 10 min.
Add drained pasta. Sprinkle on Cheese
That's it...quick and easy. I had some leftover chicken tonight, and after
cutting it, I simply reheated it in the oil.
So......what else is new with moi?? Not lots. I had a fun visit with the Fab five last night, while their folks went on a date. We cooked dinner together, made biscuits, then once all were in their jammies we opened up the futon, made the popcorn, and watched a movie together (Little Mermaid) Kiddies also had fun with the dressup box.....and I will post photos soon!!! ( have to download them first)
I also got a new quilt started that I'm excited to do. When finished it will hopefully resemble stacks of books on shelves. Not much else. I'm trying to fall in love with a stationary bike....slowly happening. I continue to swim, swim, swim.....how I love the peacefulness of the pool. I ,of course, was at the Temple last Saturday and well....it can't get much better!! We had missionaries in for dinner on Sunday ( after a long break) and very much enjoyed their company.
All for now.....got some quilt work to do.

2 comments:

  1. I need to learn how to quilt so my poor youngest daughter will actually have something for her crib! Hopefully once Ethan starts school I'll be able to come to quilting!

    ReplyDelete