Thursday, February 3, 2011

Excited and Sad

So I'm excited with this week's progress on my goal to get in better shape. I now have added the stationary bike to my routine( still swimming), and I've yet to pick a destination....I'm over 50 K so far. WW was also motivating today as I reached the 5lb mark....actually passed it. I lost 2.2 lbs this week for a total of 7 lbs. The best part is that I feel more energy, I'm not hungry, and I'm filling my time, not my mouth. It all feels so good.

I've had some sadness in my life too this week. A sweet new family on our street lost their toddler suddenly on Tues.night. I don't know the cause of dear Ian's death at this point and I can't fathom the deep grief of his young parents. Ian was not quite two years old, and he has a twin brother,Evan. While my grief is for this family, it is a comfort to know that they will have the opportunity to be with him in the next life. That knowledge helps me, but I still feel deep sadness for this family and ask that Louie and Meaghan and Evan are in your prayers. Moments like this make me so appreciative of the family and friends that I cherish so much. It is never easy to say good bye to any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment