Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Smiles

I love Sundays. Church was the usual spiritual feast. Great talks from the Madsens....all about Homes of Holiness. They are both such great people...we love them all so much. Jess speaks from her heart and you feel it so much. I wish that she lived right here on my street so we could visit and play more often than we do. Her Mom is here visiting and it was great to meet her...two very beautiful ladies.( very beautiful) Justin gave a tremendous talk too. How I wish that Bill could have heard it too. It was a powerful talk to the priesthood, but important for us all to hear. Sunday school was good as always. We talked about the BEattidudes....how I hope that I can be a better person. Relief Society was taught by Maryann and she did a super job....inspiring us all to serve.
I came home, and shortly after lunch our new Home teachers dropped in and I am very grateful to both of them. Pat and Kent are two young men who have impressed me for many years. They taught with such a sweet and powerful spirit. After they left I went upstairs to my computer and when I opened it up.....I found the following love note. We all need notes like these...it was the icing on my Sunday cake!!





I then headed up to visit with Aunt May. She grows more and more deaf but hesitates to invest in hearing aids.( she's 98 and is saving her money for her funeral) It is sad for me to leave her....it must get sooooo lonesome. I hope that I don't come to my old age and find myself alone.


After a short visit I drove off to pick up my VT pal, Joan and we went off to visit teach Maryann...what a wonderful day of teaching and service. I came home to a yummy dinner prepared by Bill and now I'm hanging out with Laura preparing for the arrival of Jennifer and Colston. We're in for a great week, and we're all excited to meet them both.



In the words of someone that I admire a lot....LOVE AND PEACE.

4 comments:

  1. What an uplifting Sunday! It's always exciting to have visitors. It's sure to be an exciting week...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Mom... now the world knows I'm not perfect ! haha just kidding. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh but you are perfect Laura...perfectly wonderful!!! Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete