Saturday, February 19, 2011

Busy week

So it's Saturday already again, and that last week seems to have been a blink. The children were out of school for the February break. Canada Winter Games began, and we celebrated with a double sleepover. ( Double as in two days) I'm not great with large sleepovers, so I limit the occupancy to two children at a time. I had some special ideas in mind, so Jessica and Sarah were picked to come. They stayed over on Monday after Sarah's dentist appointment. She's been having her share of dental woes, so the sleepover was a good diversion. After the rest of the Nelsons went home we headed off to the fabric store. The girls each picked some fleece to make a personal blanket, and then we headed to the pattern books to find a doll clothes pattern for their Bitty Babies. We had lots of great chatter while we cut and sewed, and got the blankets finished on Monday night. They also picked fabric from my stash for the clothes. They also got the fun job of cutting out the patterns. We made doll pants, and then at sewing at the church the next day, I got the tops made. We finished the night off with a movie, which neither made it through......yawn.

Jessica's Penguin blanket

Sarah's Teddy bear patchwork blanket

Blankets and pants


Bedtime babies

Sleeping Beauties
After a good night's sleep ( Mon.), we went for an early morning swim. The girls had brought their snorkel gear, and they had a great time. We then headed to the church to finish some sewing with my sewing group. The girls were anxious though to get going.....for part two of the sleepover.....on to Bridgewater and time with their cousins, Finley and Emmy. They loved playing with the girls,feeding them, reading to them, and just being with them.

Watching some TV together


Early morning reading.....Emmy was still sleeping

Chilling with a sleepy Dad

Outside for some sledding time

Glad to give Uncle Mike a push
Toes are so fascinating

Toes in my nose???

Lots of smiles from this Happy Girl

Cousins...Big and small...oldest and youngest

More book time...such great readers and listeners
So that was the beginning of the week. In between I did more sewing ( and if I can figure it out I'll post my latest project) I attended my weekly WW meeting and am feeling great success in this area, as I hit my 10lb loss. Good to be heading in the right direction. To end the week, I had agreed to see a movie with Laura and Karen.Talk about going back in the past.....I felt like I was sixteen again.....we saw the Never Say Never movie about Canadian Singer Justin Bieber. What a very talented young man, and a great story. We all left with Bieber Fever!! Loved the movie and the time with the girls.

The girls all pumped up.


Isn't he a cutie!!
So here it is Saturday again. I'm back at some sewing, a cool new quilt.....and I have some great books to read.

3 comments:

  1. Holy smokes Jackie...where do you find the stamina? You're such an awesome grandmother. You make me miss mine very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have missed a lot of blogging!! such great pics and stories, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete