Sunday, September 20, 2009

When you wish upon a star..............

Can you ever think too much? I think that I do sometimes. I sometimes wake up in the morning and I feel like the day is half over because I wake up thinking about all the things that I have to do. Now maybe you're thinking that I should see someone about this but truly I've been like this forever. The truth be told I don't like being this way. Maybe everyone else is this way too...I've never really asked anyone. I just wish that sometimes I could have some free time in the thinking department.

Now the word 'wish' makes me think of something else that is on my mind....I hope it's okay to say this...but I do have a few wishes. I don't believe in the first star I see stuff...but here are some of my wishes:

-I wish that I could garden-flower and vegetables
-I wish that the outside front porch would get painted.
- I wish that the decks could get a face lift too.
-I wish that we purged better as a family.
-I wish that the Gospel came easier to some of my family members.
-I wish that I felt better about myself.
-I wish that Aunt M. was better cared for.
-I wish that someone trusted me better.
-I wish that more people went to our temple.
-I wish that I had better control over some areas of my life.
-I wish that I could run away for awhile.
-I wish that I could get some family history done with my husband.
-I wish that people would feel better....
-I wish that all of my children could be happy.

What a funny thing to do, but it felt okay to do.....wishes....I have way too many....peace, love, kindness,fairness, understanding......

I am glad that I am who I am. I was really blessed to be born when I was and to have the great parents that I had. I didn't always agree with them but I love them dearly. I miss them both so much. How I'd love to walk to their house, or pick up the phone and call them. So many people don't realize how lucky they are to have their parents. I always felt their love, and I came to understand it as I got older. Being my parent wasn't easy...but they helped me be a better parent because of who they were. I hope that I've been able to give something of value to my children.

That's my random thoughts for now.

Oh...and i should add that today I went to watch my little ones do their Sacrament Presentation. No matter how they're done, I always love to watch them. Jacob was so cute, abit wiggly, but I'm so proud of the little boy that he is. Sarah looked glad to have it over...but again I was proud of her coming out of her comfort zone and reading, and singing her parts so well. Jessica seemed so much older today. She is such a lovely reader, and she did her part with confidence. I am so grateful to see my grandchildren being raised in the Gospel. A Grandmother couldn't ask for more!!!...Well maybe....a few more grandchildren :)

1 comment:

  1. Your wishes are all very ligitimate so don't feel guilty for having too many.

    ReplyDelete