Sunday, September 13, 2009

I don't know how I ever had time to work

My days seem to be so busy these days....as many retired people say...I don't know how I ever had time to work. Often one days runs into the next and I have to stop and check a calendar to see what day it is. I have routines of sorts, but at other times it's hit or miss....or who grabs me first. I've been trying to keep up my swimming every morning...Mon-Fri....and even though sometimes I don't feel the motivation...I always leave it glad that I went. The pool is so relaxing and energizing at the same time.

I check on a few special senior friends, and often have little errands to do for or with them. Again, I always come away from this better than when I started. Saturday is my Temple day...and I do love that. I work with such wonderful people, and I love meeting friends and family at the Temple. It is such a wonderful place to work. I went On Thursday for an extra session, and that was very uplifting.

In between...I spend time with my family and friends....I'm posting a glimpse into a few minutes of the past two weeks.

Here is my sweet Cooper. He's growing so quickly....and you just want to cuddle him whenever you are with him. He's so aware of everything that happens around him. Love to know what he's thinking.

Then there's Miss Georgia....she's such a special little individual. I brought her home on Thurs. night for her own sleepover. She was so well behaved, and fun to watch. She loves story time, and she's developing such a dear vocabulary. I think that she delights to hear her own voice and to be able to say what she's thinking. She brought sunglasses with her....and she wore them every where that we went. We took a trip to the pool, but the cool water temp. of the Dal pool didn't thrill her too much. She's generally a little fish!! It was so much fun to have one on one with her...definitely the best way to have a sleepover.

Thursday was the ward corn boil. After a wonderful Temple session I borrowed the three oldest Nelsons to come to the corn boil with me. We had a ball, and before leaving we had to climb the hill to the Tower...here they are outside the Tower. brought back some fun memories of corn boils with my fab four!! ( except when Mike broke his leg....that was an eventful corn boil many years ago!!!)



Here's shot of the corn boil. Delicious corn, and great company. It was a perfect summery Sept. evening.



Can't forget that we celebrated Sarah's 7th Birthday on Sept. 8th. Love these occasions when as much family as possible gathers to honor the celebrated one. Sarah is such a beautiful child, inside and out. She is now in second grade, learning piano, plays soccer, swims, and goes to Brownies. She's a soft spoken little girl, often hesitant in new situations ( especially if there are dogs anywhere nearby).....she adores her younger siblings especially baby Cooper....and she has a close sister friendship with older sister Jessica...friends and foes at times, as sisters can be!!!


I continue to realize how blessed I am. I have four of the best children....all very special in their own way.....and I am so proud of each of them. It is such a joy to be a mother..the best job on the planet. Grandmothering is the icing on the cake!!! I'm enjoying this blog stuff...good to reflect on life as it speeds by.



2 comments:

  1. So awesome to read your blog! Cute layout for it too! Hopefully we'll see you when I come to Hfx in Oct. I'll try to come to the Hfx ward at least once. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are enjoying the blogging world. I enjoy reading you blog!!!

    ReplyDelete