Thursday, September 10, 2009

Reflections

I'm not sure if it's my age, or the time that I spend with seniors, or being a grandmother.....but I do reflect alot more lately than I ever did. I do spend a lot of time with three ladies who are my seniors...ages...82,89 and 96. I so appreciate their wisdom, their humor and the experiences of their lives. I feel like I learn so much from each of them, and I love to serve them. Actually, service is a wonderful activity in my life, not just with seniors. I do love to help others, and it is true that you do feel the Spirit so much more when you give of your self.

I also love to have reflections when I swim each morning. In the quiet depths of the pool I reflect alot on the gospel and how it has been my strength and my direction in life. I always reflect on my family as I swim. I think of each of their needs, their challenges, and I pray for the best way that I can be a mother to them. I also love to think about the Temple when I swim. I review my covenants, and am overwhelmed when I realize the great blessings that I receive by attending the Temple. I'm excited to go there today.

Lastly, I love being a grandmother. I had the three oldest overnight on Sunday. We have such funtimes.....we made a restaurant in the basement!! During one of my one on one chats Jacob he made the following remark......I told him how special he was to me, and that I knew he'd be a handsome teenager one day. Before I could comment further on his teen days ( trying to teach some wisdom) he said...but nanny you'll be dead then!!!!! I said No way buddy...I'll be around when you get married....he gave me the cutest look and replied...married..who will I be marrying!!!...I was giggling too much to keep that conversation going.
Then moments later...Jessica and I were walking alone ( this was all on the way to the playground) the word 'date' came into the conversation....and I said dating Jess doesn't happen until you're 16.....she looked at me and said 'what....16...I'll never get married if I don't date until I'm 16...I think I'll start when I'm 14. My friend at school ( 3rd grade) already likes 4 boys.....just an added note...when we discussed this topic with her parents her dad said...not 16 Jessica...19!!!! Oh to be a young parent.....NOT.

Got to fly.....those are my reflections of late....

2 comments:

  1. Mama O...you are one of my favorite people. I love your thoughts! I sure miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog via Keah's/ I am glad that Laura was able to convince you to start a blog! Thanks for sharing your wisdom!!!

    ReplyDelete