Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My day runneth over...........

So, this morning I crawled quietly out of bed at 5:30am. I grabbed a bowl of cheerios,read my scriptures, then headed off to the pool. After a chatty swim with my friend ML.....I started to put in some serious lengths.....and it felt sooooooooooooo good. Even though it's back and forth it never bores me as I plunge under the water and escape the noises of this world.

After swimming for about 45 min...I went to the deeper end of the pool to water run. This is becoming a fun part of my routine. I'm not ready to do it without a belt ( it helps me last longer)
As I ran this morning I watched a multitude of people swim. There was a group of folks in a masters swim program....they were very impressive and so skilled. Then there were some soloists doing their own thing. Now you're asking.... why she is boring me with this pool narrative. I don't know, except that after running.. a swam somemore....and just felt overcome with a new energy. I know that this exercise/routine really gives me the 'me' time that I need each day. I love to swim under water and sometimes just dont want to surface.( I'm taking my snorkel tomorrow) I think that we often put our own selves at the bottom of the list and when we get to the bottom we're all worn out.

I don't make it a habit of going quite so early...but if you have to... it's worth it...having that time and a place to escape the noises and demands of the day are very important. I do some of my best reflecting while I'm in the water. I love the cool feel of the water, the rush of others swim nearby, the cute lifeguards( just kidding), the friendships, and the strength that I feel there. Do you think that we'll be able to swim when we move on after this life???

After the pool I headed to the Temple to serve....and that defies all words. We're on a cleaning break but working with the sweet people there was like another wonderful swim!!! It gave me a spiritual rush....and as my facebook status stated later.....my day runneth over!!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally sure we will be able to swim in the life after this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad that you had such a wonderful uplifting day. I used to really enjoy swimming then got out of the habit. I am sure we'll be able to always continue swimming though. It is a perfect place afterall!

    ReplyDelete