Sunday, December 1, 2013

BEST DAYS OF THE WEEK


 


I love the weekends. I know I'm retired so I'm into permanent weekends, but really not true. My weekends are wonderful. I got up very early on Saturday, and with the sun rising I headed to the Temple. How I wish that more people could understand the significance of this glorious place. The Temple is the house of the Lord, and within its walls the Spirit of the Lord is so very strong. You walk through the doors and there is a warmth that embraces you. The people who I work with are so loving....and it feels like the world is left so far behind. This past Saturday was perfect. So many patrons, eager to do work for those who have died; Families being sealed together for eternity; and many receiving deeper understanding of the great plan of our Heavenly Father. I saw many old friends, and especially loved visiting with Liz MacKay and her parents from PEI.....the day was full, but so wonderful.

After a happy drive home, and a  stop at the fabric store. I met up with Bill. Together we headed out to surprise Karen by delivering her Christmas tree and some pizza.

Before I ramble on I started something new on Saturday. I always feel that I fall short in my scripture routines. On Friday I read an article about technology and how it has taken over our lives....I'm not sure where I put the article ( drat) but it talked about things like leaving devises away from the dinner table, not making it the first thing that you do when you get up ( ie.check facebook, etc) I totally agreed with the sentiments of the article , and I will acknowledge that I do many of the things mentioned. They have become habits, and on Saturday I set out to break one habit.  I woke up, had a morning prayer, then turned to 1 Nephi in my Book of Mormon. So instead of Instagram/facebook....using my ipad I opened this great book and started a new read of it. At the end of the first chapter...I used the note ap.and began my scripture records....of the message to me!! I wasn't disappointed. Sunday morning read was fabulous too. Why do I

Now on to Sunday....church was another feast. Our testimony meeting was very good and my Sunday school lesson went very well. Relief Society was interesting. I do love spending time with my church family. I had a quick meeting with the Bishop, and then chatted with Pres. Evans. Following  church I went to spend time with Aunt May. How I wanted to bundle her up and take her home. Her days are so long. It is wonderful to see how loved she is . I always find it hard to leave her. From there I dropped over to see my friend Beverly, then home. What a delight to learn that we had been been invited to friends for dinner. Thanks Sharon and Bert....we had a delightful, delicious time, and thoroughly enjoyed eating with Simon and Fraya ( and their folks)

See....it was a wonderful weekend ! I am very blessed....busy week ahead!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment