Sunday, December 29, 2013

AMAZING.....

I have been so blessed today!!After a delightfully wonderful sleep I headed off to church. As I contemplated the sacrament today, I reflected on the great gifts of the Savior, and I prayed for a strong witness of the Spirit. I must say that you should be careful what you pray for, although I'm not complaining about the answers that came. First it was a quiet peace, and almost like an arm around my shoulder. Then following the Sacrament our three speakers delivered their messages.....and WOW...were they ever amazing talks.

First was Stephen Dent ( who I have to confess reminds me of our Jeremy a lot.) He spoke about preparing his sons for missions....and it touched my heart deeply. This man just is so humble and such a kind man. He has the sweetest family, and his references to them were so loving. I loved the part where his oldest son told his teacher that his favorite story was about Ammon....which led to some missionary moments ....and a sharing of the Book of Mormon. Stephen and his wife Brittany are so dear, just love them to bits.


 
The second and third speakers were Elder and Sister Wiebe. She spoke first and gave a gentle talk about serving in the mission field. She taught with the Spirit, and what especially touched me was how she spoke about serving with her husband. Elder Wiebe spoke second and first spoke as his wife, on missionary service. What touched my heart though was his teachings about the various levels of testimony that we all receive. He referred to the parable of the ten virgins, and when he spoke of their vessels he called them vessels of testimony, the oil was the oil of conversion. When applied to this parable it reminds us that we can't lean on others testimonies and conversion, but that we have to acquire our own. Both talks were wonderful.
 
Following Sacrament is was time for Sunday school, and WOW again as the Lord directed my teaching. We talked about the meaning of Zion, and why becoming a Zion people is so vital. ( While I still need to get better at creating an atmosphere of discussion) I felt good about the over all lesson.
 
Our final hour of the day was with the |Priesthood and it revolved around one of most recent favorite talks  by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. We watched the video from the last conference, and then had a discussion. It was all good......oh how I loved that talk. I t can be found on lds.org....under latest General Conference...Saturday afternoon session...'Like a Broken Vessel'
I liked when he said at the end....'remember that broken vessel is in the hands of the potter'
Everyone needs to go listen to that talk !!!!
 
See....today has been amazing....I missed a few friends and family who were missing today. I came home and watched an old old movie (circa 1952) with Bill, munched on the wrong kind of snacks....then here I am.....many more posts to follow
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Sabbath day.
    'Tis the season of wrong snacks and movies. <3

    ReplyDelete