Monday, December 2, 2013

Marvelous Monday


How I wish that I had been documenting my days for so many years of my past....especially the special moments that I had with my children, and my grandchildren.
So much for wishing.
Today has been marvelous...up early, did my scriptures, then I was off to pick up my Monday morning buddy. She hadn't been awake too long, so she was still in that, should I say cranky mode....it never lasts long.
When she came into the house she DID NOT want to remove her coat and hat !!!
But when she spotted the Christmas tree and I held up an unopened box...she mellowed right out!!!
 

 
 She was very excited to unpack my kid friendly manger, even if its one of the old ones with no music. How I love sharing the nativities with my grand children. How grateful I am that they are being raised to understand this important part of Christmas. It is such a blessing to know that all of grandchildren are being raised to understand the gospel plan, and who their elder brother Jesus Is.
 
 
 Funny Olivia....she kept passing me this one wise man...not sure why!!

 
 
 
 Then I lit the tee. That too excited her....but then I switched the lights to multi colored and she was in awe.

 
 After a bit of playtime, and tree watching it was off for breakfast, and the arrival of grandmas Santa's...

 
 She loved the spooky Santa that has freaked out a few grand children. He moves, but says nothing !!!

 


 
 Then out came bathtub Santa, singing Blue Christmas....she hooted when he started to perform...I did too
 
 
Look at those eyes 


 


 

 
 
She loved him.

 
 
Book time followed while I got some household business going.....dishes, laundry


 

and then Cinderella with Poppy

 
 
 We were up and down in the basement today, and Miss O was having fun
am I really too big
 
 
              Hard work...all this play...lets take a break horsie

 
Love these hugs...reminds me of the many special hugs over the past twelve years ! I am one very lucky grandma
 
What a marvelous Monday with my buddy Olivia.
We facetimed with Emmy and Finley and shared some more giggles.
Poppy took us to Flipburger, and then Bill and I were back home to watch our favorite Monday show...Blacklist...an amazing story.
Laundry got done, there a few dishes in the sink, my Christmas cards went in the mailbox, and look at this I'm actually finishing a post on the day that it happened.
Happy Monday everyone






 

1 comment:

  1. WOW Jackie, I want to bottle what you had today... I am sure you do too.. What a great Monday :)

    ReplyDelete