Saturday, December 14, 2013

PERFECTION

Well today was pretty darn close to perfection. Despite how busy and full it was I HAVE to record my feelings before I head to bed. WOWSERS what a day! I had kind of a strange night of dreams and waking on the hour, so before the 6:15am alarm rang I was up and heading for the shower. By 7am I was out the door, scrapping the snowy cars ( Bill's was blocking mine in), and heading for my day at the Temple. I was treated to an amazing sunrise as I drove with some incredibly fluffy type of clouds dancing around in the sky.....well they didn't actually dance but they were honestly very cool. I do enjoy cool cloud formations. Despite the chilly (frigid) temperatures, I knew that the warmth of the Temple would make me forget the winter chill pretty quickly. I was greeted by my dear Temple working friends, and I knew it was just going to get better and better. I wasn't disappointed !!! I can't say enough about how the Temple reaches into the depths of my heart and lets me feel God's love for me.I love the Temple.

Following our Temple sessions, it was Halifax ward's turn to do Temple cleaning and I was so happy to see so many volunteers. It is true, 'many hands make light work'.....and the guys actually out numbered the ladies, and did some great work.

After a quick trip to the library, I stopped and did an errand for a dear friend. It's funny, no matter how tired one can be.....when you do service for others it's just like a recharge to the batteries. I stopped by the house, and supped on my second bowl of potato soup ( I had it for lunch too) Talk about a yummy soup....thanks to my awesome daughter-in-law.

Then I jumped back in the car and headed for the church. I belong to an awesome church. Tonight I went there to attend a baptism. My friend Meaghan was baptized by her husband John and it was such a tender night. She had so much family about her...both hers, his, and her church family. It was a beautiful occasion....so deeply filled with the spirit.

 I like the reminder in one of the talks given of the covenant that we make when we are baptized to 'take on us the name of Jesus Christ'. The speaker told the story of a man who was named for his grandfather ( George A.Smith). One night, at a time when he was quite ill, George slipped into unconsciousness and found himself in the country, near a lake. A trail led through the woods beside the lake and George started walking through the woods. He saw a man approaching him, and as he got closer he realized that it was his grandfather. As they got closer, grandfather stopped and looked at his grandson and asked him..."what have you done with my name?" Young George paused, and then smiled and said I have done nothing that you would be ashamed of.

Someday I hope to meet my Savior, Jesus Christ, and He will ask the same question. I hope that I too can say the same....I love my Savior and the great gift that he gave me through his life. I'm also grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost that testifies of truths to me. It is through the Holy Ghost that I have found the great truths of the Gospel, and come to know my Heavenly Father. I am his daughter and he has blessed with so very very much.

This has been a perfect day.

1 comment: