Friday, December 20, 2013

I met Christmas today

 
 
 
What a fun Friday it's been. Bill and I spent much of the day together. We took his Mom out for banking, doctors appt., and groceries. Then we hopped back over the bridge to do some errands for Karen who was still nursing Olivia.( yucky flu bug) We did some Christmas shopping errands for Laura. Then I dropped Bill at home, where he did some shovelling for a neighbor and I headed to meet Christmas.
I am Christmas !!!

Now, I've heard it said that my sweet friend, Monica claims to be Christmas. Well, after visiting her today I think she rightly can say this....what a delightful visit I had with her......cookies coming fresh out of the oven, Christmas apron in place and then I walked around her home....it oooozed of a beautiful Christmas spirit....I really didn't want to leave.....so I took photos with me....and I just have to share !!! Walk with me and have a peek into the most charming Christmas house.
 

 
 Her charming staircase....the beautiful pewter Christmas collection
 

 
Her awesome paper wreath and a precious smaller wreath


 
A full bookcase of Christmas books
( children's books were in a separate basket) 

 
sniff....can you smell the snickerdoodles.....yummmy

 
Special Nativity on the fridge from the Ch.Republic....
 

On to the living room....and I forgot to snap the Christmas tree!!!
Love this message, and the beautiful nativities



and there were more....

Love these stars on the tree...twelve, each with words describing the Savior
( hint.....I want a set)



A choir of Angels


Even the night light travelling up the stairs


 
 Special Christmas quilts
 
Back in the kitchen

 


 

An extra special advent calendar....there is a story to the numbers....



 
 More goodness in Monica's office
 

Her smallest nativity

 

at the entry way



 
Look a key for Santa...hung on the door 
 
Thanks Monica...You are Christmas...
you do invite the Spirit for sure...
and I loved the enchantment of your home.
******************************
Now one last photo for today....when I arrived back  home...we had one more event.
We headed out to Freddie's Fish and Chip Restaurant with our neighbors...Janet and Jim. It was a very impromptu event, but much enjoyed and our way of thanking the paperboy ( private joke)
Janet and Jim visited after for dessert and chatter. A great time with sweet neighbors
Here is fun Freddie and her crew
 

Best Fish and Chips around

2 comments:

  1. Monica is definitely Christmas, wow... I am sorry the weather kept us from her house for visiting teaching...

    ReplyDelete